Hasport Motor mounts cause car to shake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSCRX

I got the Hasport motor mounts, i got the middle level between soft and hard. My swap seems to be clean, but when i am between 2-3K RPMs my whole car shakes. Do my mounts need to break in? or is this common.....anything i can do to fix it? :confused: Its a 88CRX with a B18b.
Thanks

As long as the motor is running fine, all is well.

Even the "medium" bushings are ALOT harder than stock stuff.

shaking is completely normal.. when you get a stiffer mount, the vibration has to go somewhere

I just thought it was weird that is shaked so hard at such low RPMs, and doesnt at higher RPMs. Do the mounts break in at all or its going to be like that forever? I dont mind the rattle, but my rear view mirror shakes soo bad i cant even see out of it.

They don't break in to any noticeable extent. The engine vibrates more at that speed than at high speed.. Its just a fact of life.

alright, i guess i have nothing to worry about. I might as well take off my rear view and just start looking over the shoulder :D.

yeah youll get used to it I tried putting solid mounts in my da BIG MISTAKE felt like the car was gonna fall apart

I modified a short ram intake for my car, and it helped with the shaking. It still shakes but not nearly as much. Before i was running a filter right on the intake manifold

I dunno if it was just getting too much air or what, but the intake helped or the mounts could have settled. I have put maybe 100 miles on it if that. But either way i am very happy with my swap, up next suspension :D

Back