Hasport mounts vibrations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

I installed the hasport mount kit in my 94 coupe I didnt mind that there were small vibrations. I can notice things in particular vibrating that maybe I can fix/tighten/or sound deaden.

But, my question is.. I drove in a 96 hatch with the same hasport mount kit as me, and his car was so much more tollerable. We both have the street kit. The only difference is he bought his used. Does this mean that my mounts will break in over time, and absorb more vibrations? His car didnt rattle at all like mine. I checked, my kit is 62A street kit.

So do hasports require a break in period?

they do "break in" slightly over time. let them settle a bit, and they wont vibrate as much. same thing happened to me. after a few months i noticed it wasnt so harsh.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 12 2005, 12:45 PM
they do "break in" slightly over time. let them settle a bit, and they wont vibrate as much. same thing happened to me. after a few months i noticed it wasnt so harsh.
[post=472604]Quoted post[/post]​

you probly just got used to it after those few months

Originally posted by g24jr@Mar 12 2005, 09:57 AM

you probly just got used to it after those few months
[post=472606]Quoted post[/post]​

No mounts definitly do settle and soften over time. Been through a few sets, they all worked the same way At first with my avid mounts my car felt like my friends' all motor pro stock car lol.

cold wetaher also has a big affect on the mounts, i the mornings my car breaks teeth but after sitting in the sun all day it is quite a bit smoother

I forgot what compound my hasport mounts were made of, but you could put a quarter on my dash and it would fall off at idle. I never got used to it because i didnt have it that long :(

Back