hasport tranny conversion kit....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UthoughtUherdVTEC

i got an 93 coupe w/ a 91 ls swap with a hydro ls tranny im swappin to a 93 ys1 tranny im using a hasport tranny conversion kit and i was wondering if n e one has used it.......i have herd that it makes u miss gears sometimes (or so i am told) ....i was jsut wondeing if this is tru...

it shouldnt make you miss shifts, it only has to do with the clutch actuation, not the shift linkage. and your gonna have bigger problems with the obd0 and obd1 wiring mess you've made for yourself than the tranny, which is an easy fix if the conversion isnt your thing- just buy a hydro tranny.

no no no ...the motor is already wired up.....i have an obd1 intake manifold and t body.....i was just concerend about the clutch actiaton not being correct....one of my freinds had said something about it and i jsut wanted to know......i didnt think i would have n e problems i was jsut concerend...but it should be all good....kti should be here today...

-jake

I have the hasport tranny kit in my 93 DX coupe, along with the 93 integra motor, be careful doing this swap, sometimes the grounds for TPS, O2 sensor, IAT sensor and coolant temp sensor need to be re-run due to who knows what. I have had absolutely no problems with the tranny kit, I actually think its awesome, follow the directions when installing it and there will be no problems what-so-ever. I love it because it is just like having a cable clutch system because the hardware that they give you for it it adjustable, so if you don;t liek where your clutch actuation is you can shange it to be higher or lower (pedal). the only thing I can comlapin about is that the mounts are stiff, so when the car is cold they rattle the hell out of the car.

when you get yours let me know how it is because i am going to do the same thing but i don't know i have one but i don't understand it to much i got it on but it leave the clutch arm up alittle. is that right

I jsut gto mine in 2 day i should have it on tomorrow.....if it leaves your clutch arem up a little then adjust it down :D ...ill post pics and stuff when i get the complete swap and stuff done....

-jake

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr@Apr 19 2004, 04:00 PM
it shouldnt make you miss shifts, it only has to do with the clutch actuation, not the shift linkage.

And what exactly do you think is going to happen if your clutch engagement is off? Try only pushing your clutch in halfway and shift.

Im still trying to figure out why you are switching to a cable clutch, the hydro clutches are 200% better trannys, stronger, a direct bolt on for your car. For the price you bought the conversion kit for, you could be that much closer to buying a gsr tranny. But good luck. I have a ys1 in my car and it sucks. Grinds in second if you don't let the motor wind down to like 3000, doesn't like high revs at all. BUt good luck.

Back