1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hasport = vibration like a bitch

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by GSRCRXsi, Aug 9, 2003.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ok guys i just got my new hasport mounts on and the whole car vibrates like a mothafucka. the only things that bother me are the sunroof and the shifter. its the worst at like 2-3k rpm, below and above that isnt really bad, but those are the cruising rpms and its really annoying. does anyone know how i can deaden the vibration in the sunroof as well as the shifter jus so it doesnt rattle like crazy? thanks.

2. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I have solid mounts front and rear and upgraded side mounts in my car that with a 6 puck racing clutch from ACT and anything that once was solid now rattles like a mofo.... I just deal with it

you could replace the mounts with stock mounts/mount inserts but that would be pointless

I just beat on the parts that make the most noise and sometimes it stops
    but most of the time it does not =)

both my mirrors now are so loud and shake so bad that it almost hurts Im about to rip them off and toss them out into the bay
    but ohwell if I left it stock it would have been quiet but go figure I had to mod it so I guess its all my fault

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

thats what solid mounts do ... youll get use to it

4. GSRCRXsi

yea i knew it would vibrate like crazy but i guess i could deal with the sunroof, but the shifter really does rattle a lot, i mean it sounds like theres loose metal rattling arond? is there anyway to fix the shifter or tighten it up or anything?

5. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

A shop near my house, they make their own billet mounts and they give you the choice of real stiff mounts/solid, to stock feel mounts so it doesn't vibrate.

My friends 88 civic/ls rattled like a mofo, I mean it was so annoying, but really driving that and driving mine is like night and day because of the response from the mounts.

6. GSRCRXsi

oh no doubt. the reponse is amazing on these hasport mounts, its just it feels like the shifter will vibrate out of gear and it really a pain to shift, what can i do to stabilize it or something?

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

try replacing the shifter bushings

8. GSRCRXsi

where are those at? theres no bushing on the actual shifter, its aftermarket. where are these bushings located?

9. xlerate93

xlerate93 Member

where it meets the shift linkage

10. GSRCRXsi

i have no bushings there. when i put in the new shifter, the stock ones wouldnt fit because the shifter was different

11. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

You don't have any bushings where the shifter stabilizer meets the sub frame or where the shifter meets the transmission? I would suggest getting some polyurethane ones, I have em and I love them to death, its like night and day really with a short shifter, except for my bad 2nd gear.

12. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

about jumping out of gear, always keep ur hand on your shifter while at the track or you will have my problem, i get so much wheel hop cause my suspension sucks sometimes my car jumps outta 1st gear. it really sucks. so ya, this thread has been hijacked.

13. GSRCRXsi

im not sure as the where the bushings even go on the shifter? does anyone have any pics of where they should go? also where can i get some poly bushings? price?

14. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

mine were put in today but i did not even do it

15. GSRCRXsi

i read what you said again and i thought you meant there was supposed to be a bushing where the shifter meets the linkage, i assume theres bushings on the subframe (its that boot that goes over the little ball in the shifter right?) and i have no clue about it going to the transmission, i assume theres one there too, never even messed with the linkage/tranny connection. are those the shifter bushings you were talkin about E? is it hard to replace them? someone gimme some info

16. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

look, at the front of the shifter, where the rod meets the tranny, you should have two round bushings there.....and at the part where the actual shifter meets the rod, right behind there you should find a rear stabilizer. it holds the extra length of the shift rod to the chassis.

get polyurethane bushings/rear stabilizer, and the shifter will be more firm, and feel less "cheap" lol

17. GSRCRXsi

i think you are confusing the word shifter for shift LINKAGE. anyway where can you get polyurethane bushings from? price? difficulty to install?

on a side note: what does the second shift lingage do? im talking about the on that goes from the tranny to thee chassis, where the other one actually moves and changes the gears in the tranny. what does it do? just for support ? what?

18. GSRCRXsi

bump, can someone answer my question?

19. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

yes, its a stablizer bar

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted