Hatch + b18c + jrsc build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another thing, the map that jackson racing tells you to run goes from low to high cam at any rmp over 3000 and over 1 psi of boost. What do you guys think of this? I know for N/A its best to leave the vtec crossover at the stock level. On the highway, in 5th gear, when I go to accelerate it is now in vtec, making for a very loud exhaust tone. Basically any time I accelerate with more than like 1/3 throttle, the thing is hitting vtec, making it loud as hell.
You may be able to change the actuation in the particular gear for S300. I don't know if you are able to in Hondata or not. But I know you could do some stuff like that in Chrome, you just have to program it.
worst case you can just disable it for DD and activate it somehow, I wouldn't know with hondata since im not familiar with it. Just make sure you have the maps for it.

You may be able to change the actuation in the particular gear for S300. I don't know if you are able to in Hondata or not. But I know you could do some stuff like that in Chrome, you just have to program it.
worst case you can just disable it for DD and activate it somehow, I wouldn't know with hondata since im not familiar with it. Just make sure you have the maps for it.

I can't change it based on the gear. Do you think its hurting me to have vtec so low when under boost?

Fuckin' nice man! I have the same rims wrapped with the same ASTs. :)

I see you're from Akron/Dayton. Wanna take a road trip up US127 to US30 and stop by New haven to show me the car? I wanna see how the JRSC sounds.

Nice :thumbsup:

now get that bitch on a dyno so we can see some numbers.

The car will hopefully get dyno tuned in a week or so. I have to make a 3 hour trip in it from Dayton to Akron this wednesday, and I'm kinda nervous. I've driven the car for a half hour at a time no prob, I just don't want to be stuck somewhere.

I don't think I'll make it to the Ft. Wayne area. 2000si, that a long ass drive! I would like to see some pics of your ride though. I used to own one, and every time I see one I get jealous:rolleyes:

The only time I can hear the s/c is at high rpm's, and even then its not that loud. People riding say that they can hear it easier. I guess outside of the car, when its coming towards you, the sc whine is very noticable. The exhaust note is different than when it had a close to stock gsr. Its louder, deeper, and has alot more tone to it. I'll get some vids of it making some pulls soon or later.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What did your neighbors think?

People kept walking by asking what the fuck I was doing. Some people stoped by to watch. The landlord came by and told me that I can't work on my car on the street anymore. He suggested that I rent one of his garages for 200 a month lol. A cop stopped by too just asking what was going on.

Theres a guy down the street who has a hatch with a b20vtec. The car is the biggest ricer POS i've ever seen. Lambo doors, wing, tails, and alot of rust. He came by a bunch during the swap talking a bunch of shit.He told me that he installed obx stage 4 cams with valvesprings so he "can rev the bitch to 13 grand". He's talking a bunch of shit about how hes going to smoke me. The car is running on a p30 ecu, hasnt been tuned, and has stock internals. I can't wait to see him rev it to 13 grand.

if your neighbor knows what is in it, your car is going to get stolen.

do this
Step 1) GET INSURANCE
step 2) Get an alarm
step 3) install 2, yes 2 kill switches.

trust me, it's worth the time and money invested. keep your car around. and if you don't take my advice, i just might steal it myself. ;)

you are totally right... what scares me is that he talked about how he has 5 or 6 b series motors in a storage unit, and he always has a part if I need it... and I mean anything. Hes prolly running a chop shop or something. When you say get insurance, should I just get full coverage on the car, or do I need to show the company all the reciepts for the car, making my premiums go through the roof?

well, you need full coverage and show receipts. it will make your insurance jump. you just have to weigh the loss. assume that it WILL get stolen.

say insurance goes up to $200/month.
it would cost about $5000 to get your engine setup alone replaced.

you just have to weigh the cost. we have had a million threads on here about people cars getting stolen. Civicious has had his crx stolen twice. that thing was beautiful to.

you can probably get away without having full coverage if you have a good alarm, autoloc on your clutch, 2 kills and disengage the starter or something under the hood every night. obviously you don't have a garage, so thats a problem. you just need to remember that you did your swap in the middle of the fucking street. you should have rented that garage so nobody would know what's in your car. it's a nice car, now try to keep it around.

Yeah, too many people know about it. Insure the hell out of it. Pay the extra few bucks a month. And DO tell the insurance company about the SC, swap, etc.

Flat blacking the exhaust would be cool, but leave the rims alone, they look fine, and have a stock look to them.

i am thinking about swapping a b16 or a h22 into a 1989 crx si. Not sure how hard it is goign to be. also was thinkin about swapping a h22 into a 94-95 bubble, let me know what you all think. Thanks

i am thinking about swapping a b16 or a h22 into a 1989 crx si. Not sure how hard it is goign to be. also was thinkin about swapping a h22 into a 94-95 bubble, let me know what you all think. Thanks
Seeing how all you know how do is jack threads: GTFO :ban:

please please please get a cluster with a tach.

Nice natty light box!!

please please please get a cluster with a tach.

Nice natty light box!!

We'll see about the cluster... i got a deal on the autometer tach ($30), and it beats having to change out clusters. I guess I don't really mind it.

And what natti light box are you talking about? you must have a really good eye for what's good in life...

We worked into the night...
PICT0611.jpg

that one

Last edited by a moderator:
if your neighbor knows what is in it, your car is going to get stolen.

do this
Step 1) GET INSURANCE
step 2) Get an alarm
step 3) install 2, yes 2 kill switches.

trust me, it's worth the time and money invested. keep your car around. and if you don't take my advice, i just might steal it myself. ;)

Step 4) Eliminate ricer POS from gene pool.

funny stuff guys... I really like that idea

yesterday i drive the car 200 miles from dayton to akron. I'm not even at a half tank yet, and i went over 200 miles. Bad news tho, I heard a little pinging when I was in 5th gear, around 3-4k rm's, at full throttle. The wideband is telling me that im running a 10.5:1 a/f here, so either the gauge is wrong, or I need to back off timing.

Back