hatch or coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

Im interested in buying either a 92 EG hatch or coupe..but i cant really decide which one is better. I am planning on building it for street races but keep in mind that here in Mass. the coupe is cheaper and easier to find. I kno the hatch is lighter but i could use the extra money towards the motor....Well im not too sure which route to take but i mean i kno its my decision but some oppinions could help...thanks

coupe all the way lose those fools u run a hatch on the street and the dumbfucks will be like that car is fast its a hatch popular conception get a couple leave the body stock as possible and ur good to go as long ur motor is fast enough (if u dont know what i mean i can elaborate)

Holy run on sentence. Elaborate please. I think I kind of get it, something about running hatchs and dumbfucks.

Originally posted by omega11855@Aug 23 2003, 04:13 AM
coupe all the way lose those fools u run a hatch on the street and the dumbfucks will be like that car is fast its a hatch popular conception get a couple leave the body stock as possible and ur good to go as long ur motor is fast enough (if u dont know what i mean i can elaborate)

yea i get what your saying of building a sleeper .....but you placed "get a couple" .....get a couple what?...

A dx would be the lightest coupe. However the Ex model comes with several power options including a sunroof and it already has the d16z6 (which I'm guessing you're going to swap out anyway). Its all up to personal preference.

what about hatches what are the models...besides the si.....im not really looking into a car with power options sunroof or a/c....i have a 94 b18a sitting in my garage...so i plan on swapping and adding a vtec head and driving it like that for awhile before and other crucial upgrades.

another thing is that....alot of people say that weight is a prime difference between the coupe and the hatch...but my question is does anyone know by how much.. and if its a huge difference that will effect the time on 1/4 mile.

I believe that there is a 100 lbs difference between the lightest hatchback (cx) and the lighest coupe (dx), the cx being lighter. That may not make that big a difference in the quarter mile but every little bit helps.

a EG hatch around here cost $3000 and a coupe would be anywhere around $1500....so that is an issue im considering

coupe... so many friggin hatches out there... blah

95 civic DX coupe 2230lbs

s3de1d345aa5b4.jpg

I have a coupe but I do like the hatch body. There are alot of coupes here though and not many hatches. Save the money and get the coupe, if you upgrade the engine right then that little bit of weight isnt going to matter much.

well i think it depends on what body style you like more. I first bought a 92 hatch vx...then a 94 Coupe Ex. I drove the coupe around for month and got really sick of it. I think the coupe is more of a girls car personally... but that might just be because my sis drives one... <_< I ended up selling my coupe and kept the hatch. there are alot more fixed up coupes from where i live compared to hatches... so...i say get a Hatch... :D

Coupe. They look sleeker and much much nicer when built as sleepers.

Wait...I drive a hatch...stupid hatches, I don't like them.

Originally posted by nealo@Aug 23 2003, 12:17 AM
Be even more different and get a 4door. :spin:

:werd: It weighs as much as a Coupe, AND its a 4door, noone would expect you to hand their ass to them with a 4 door. If you get a hatch they assume its fast and expect it to be. If they see a 4 door blowing them away, they'll be like he must have an 800 shot of NAWWWWZZZ

Back