Hatch swap/ need help/ advice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Darksilence

first off just want to say whats up to all my fellow Integra Drivers out there. Ok here is the question:

Q: is it possible to swap a non-spoiler hatch from a later model integra to a 01 model GSR.

* the reason is cause as you all know the rear spoiler serves no purpose on a FWD car. And I just think it looks slick with out the spoiler. Why not just have the body work done?? The models with out the spoiler have the third brake light on the rear window. The models with the spoiler have that light intergrated into the spoiler. I want that light! and the look of the non-spoiler hatch.

Thanks

first off just want to say whats up to all my fellow Integra Drivers out there. Ok here is the question:

Q: is it possible to swap a non-spoiler hatch from a later model integra to a 01 model GSR.

* the reason is cause as you all know the rear spoiler serves no purpose on a FWD car. And I just think it looks slick with out the spoiler. Why not just have the body work done?? The models with out the spoiler have the third brake light on the rear window. The models with the spoiler have that light intergrated into the spoiler. I want that light! and the look of the non-spoiler hatch.

Thanks
yes the hatch lids will swap over,, and yes the wings does serve a purpose it dont matter what drive the car is front or rear or all wheel

they keep the ass end on the ground at speed

Well i have read that the stock spoilers/wings are designed to be aerodynamic and helps keep the drag down and the car stable at higher speeds, they are made for that particular car ONLY. Changing and/or removing a spoiler changes the aerodynamics, the adjustable wings can give you more downforce or less drag, but they are expensive.

Now a wing on a RWD drive car helps more for grip, works the same for a FWD but not as important. A front air dam helps for FWD better.

Last edited:
so what do you both think? I race auto cross and the occasional punk in traffic. I also drive from Las Vegas to Texas. Should I keep the spoiler or not?

Spoilers do more than just keep the back end down. There's a factor on the car called parasitic drag caused by the relatively flat area of the rear of the car. Hold your hand out the window next time you're going down the highway and rotate your hand from horizontal to vertical, that drag is caused by negative pressure behind your hand. That same negative pressure is holding your car back at speed and increases exponentially to the rate of speed. If you're spending a great deal of time on the highway your fuel mileage will suffer without the spoiler as the spoiler spoils that negative pressure.

Back