hatchbacks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

any of them worth a shit?

im rethinking my new car again, want a hatchback for sound system purposes.
only one i can think of that isnt a fwd slow pos is a vw golf r32.
am i overlooking one?

i even thought about a subaru legacy gt wagon, saw a new one at work and it was dead sexy.

cant say that ive seen an s3. wouldnt it have the same issues as an s4 though? expensive as hell upkeep and maintenance and it tears up alot.

and i thought bmw 1 series werent coming to america.

im looking for around 30k range. ill prolly be dropping 10k cash down payment so it really doesnt matter.

bmw 1 series isnt comin? didnt know that.

basicly the only "nice" hatch out right now is the r32....but those are 30k..

Originally posted by micah@Apr 10 2005, 03:09 PM
im looking for around 30k range. ill prolly be dropping 10k cash down payment so it really doesnt matter.
[post=485398]Quoted post[/post]​

lol

and yeah the bmw america site doesnt even have the 1 series, the audi usa site doesnt have the s3 either

hmm well i was only going by what magazines were telling me, and they werent saying that they were coming out soon, just in the future, just things to look too. but why a hatchback??

because subs sound like shit in a trunk.
alot easier to set up your sound stage in a hatchback, plus i just kinda like them. ;)

previously i had decided on a volvo s40 t5 awd, but i still kinda wanted a bmw 330xi.
for the last month or so ive started getting back into car audio real heavy and its making me want a hatch.

if i just wanted huge spl id use my crx :p
i want a new car, with a backseat, and a hatch ;)

2 r32's on ebay, was looking at the new 06 gti's, only 40 hp less then the r32, but its fwd ;(

i dunno i cant make up my fucking mind :\

so you are torn between choosing the only worthy hatch on the market and getting a nice refined volvo? Id say screw audio and get the volvo. Ive heard plenty of systems of wide varieties in trunks, and the only ones that sound bad are ones that are way too loud and make the trunk rattle like its about to fall off. if you insulate and not put ina giant sub itll sound fine.

Best bass I've ever heard by a LONG shot was in my friend's Lexus ES300 sedan. He dynomatted his whole trunk and he gets really clear strong bass.

Back