Have 1500$ for stock 91 integra upgrade?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

waz88

Hello guyz, this is my first time chating on a forum. I have a 91 integra and am thinking of modding it up a little. Its a stock car with only an intake and platnim ngk sparks. I am going to buy a complete exhuast(skunk2 catback). I want to know what kind of major upgrade i can do wit 1500.00. Please if anyone can help me, that would be greatly appretiated. Thnx

First off, welcome to HondaSwap!

Major upgrade? You could put together a junkyard turbo system and make 200whp easily- if you know what you're doing. If you're just starting out though, I would focus on suspension first. A 15 year old chassis is going to be a little creaky and could use some help. You'd be surprised how much a decent suspension setup can wake up a car!

:werd: good platform to start out with, it's a very balanced car. I'd start by getting new bushings for the suspension and go from there.

Uhm, everyone does engine mods first.
I say do brakes/suspension first.
Why go fast if you cant stop fast?
Why go fast if you handle like shit on 15 year old suspension?

i like your thinking, brian.

agreed. do the suspension up first. it is WAY more worthwhile.

Im getting 11" rotors and dual piston calipers... not for $1K or even $900 but for a mere $300... toss in the stainless lines... it gets bumped to $400.

95 Legend GS Dual Piston Calipers - $150 shipped (shaved caliper mounting bracket 1/8" so the rotors can sweep through without any problems)
Brembo Blanks and pads [88rotors on hondatech]92-96 Prelude VTEC rotors/pads - $150 shipped
Russell SS lines - $100 shipped

only problem, they arent installed. I need some 15" wheels.
next on my list = better suspension.

I Have A 91 With The B18a1 Motor. All I Have On It Is An Aem Intake, Kamikaze Hedder, A Top Fuel Fpr, A Custom Exhaust And A Complete Gude Performance Head Package. With This Set Up I Was Able To Beat A Stock Jdm Type R And Other Integras With Ls Vtec That Had Nitrous. My Car Runs Consistent Low 14's And Everything Else Is Stock. No Aftermarket Ignition Or Anything. Even The Bottom End Is Stock And I Shift At 7,200 Rpm. As Far As The Brakes I Only Upgraded The Front Rotors To Cross Drilled Ones. Stops Fine For Me. The Head Package Costs 1600.00 But For 55 Whp For 1600.00 Is Pretty Damn Good If You Ask Me. Just My 0.02s

Good Luck!

wut up man yo with 1500 do supension and then look into puting upgrades into engine

Its STOCK

yo i got a 91 integra rs i had for 5 years now n ran perfect..im recently rebuilding everything..if u want that car to go alot faster from stock..before i rebuilt it i had these parts AEM intake full exhaust..get a decent one..throttle body spacer msd pro cap n rotor with a blaster ss external coil and 8.5 mil wires with ngk v power or denso... short throw ofcourse.jdm fenders and front lights..good tires 16 konigs rims exedy stage 2 sport/track clutch light weight findanza light weight flywheel KYB SHOCKS n springs..skunk 2 cambers..SR sway bars...its alight under 1700...but ull be alot faster tho man..its worth FOR AWHILe

You are a fucktard. This thread is almost 6 years old, not to mention your advice sucks. Your car is not a lot faster from stock. Its a 20 year old econobox with some bolt ons. It is still a fucking turd.

Also, before you go calling out other members (like you did in the b18c oil thread) you should probably learn about this thing that is used quite often on the internet. It is called sarcasm.

:locked:

yo i got a 91 integra rs i had for 5 years now n ran perfect..im recently rebuilding everything..if u want that car to go alot faster from stock..before i rebuilt it i had these parts AEM intake full exhaust..get a decent one..throttle body spacer msd pro cap n rotor with a blaster ss external coil and 8.5 mil wires with ngk v power or denso... short throw ofcourse.jdm fenders and front lights..good tires 16 konigs rims exedy stage 2 sport/track clutch light weight findanza light weight flywheel KYB SHOCKS n springs..skunk 2 cambers..SR sway bars...its alight under 1700...but ull be alot faster tho man..its worth FOR AWHILe

One word... WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back