Jumped railroad tracks?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was in a car that did that.

• WTF?!?&#

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
since when has there been proof that 'america's finest' is intelligent? i have a ton of stories to say that 'america's finest' is a bunch of morons... but not ALL of them... maybe not even most, but the 'SOME' that i know...

so, it wasn't your fault because you weren't driving, however, you had to post it here for all of us to think is cool?

hmmm... i don't know if you were bragging... but... whatever.
no, it's more like something completely fucking crazy happens to you, and you have to talk about it, cuz you still can't believe it even happened. i mean those tracks are about a 40-45 degree incline.

see, again... i'd be thinking about 'wow, i can't believe i lived to tell this story, but damn i won't ever go through that again!'

instead you say... 'dude... you shoulda seen it... it was like a huge fucking incline... that's sick!'

wtf man. die in a quagmire.

yea, like 9 yrs ago.. .. it was in a convertible rabbit w/ the top down... right by my house there was some gnarly railroad tracks that even a car with stock suspension would have to slow down for..

wow a lower 4 door caverler fully loaded with 5 people and gifts. I call BS that could not do over 50 with that much weight in it

People with lowered 4 door Chevys normally die or get seriously hurt after the words "Watch this" are spoken.

I'm not surprised, I predict you'll be on a roof in the next 12 days, and I'll see your neighborhood on COPS.

Quoted post[/post]]
see, again... i'd be thinking about 'wow, i can't believe i lived to tell this story, but damn i won't ever go through that again!'

instead you say... 'dude... you shoulda seen it... it was like a huge fucking incline... that's sick!'

wtf man. die in a quagmire.
dude, you're reading my posts wrong. you keep adding your own thoughts and words to them. i was just trying to elaborate, and give a reason why it was so scary, and something to comment about.

Quoted post[/post]]
wow a lower 4 door caverler fully loaded with 5 people and gifts. I call BS that could not do over 50 with that much weight in it
heh. if thats what you want to believe

Quoted post[/post]]
People with lowered 4 door Chevys normally die or get seriously hurt after the words "Watch this" are spoken.

I'm not surprised, I predict you'll be on a roof in the next 12 days, and I'll see your neighborhood on COPS.
okay, that's fucking hilarious, although it wasn't like that. and i'm not that crazy to end up on cops like that.

and i didn't think my friend was that crazy either.

Quoted post[/post]]
:bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout: :bustout:

I drove a friend of mine's raised 4wd ram or some sht. That truck was so big, I'm 6'2" and I had a hard time getting into this thing. We were prolly going around 70, and hit about a 40 degree incline, the truck jumped, flew, and didn't think twice about it...Fun times.

If it weren't for the sheer stupid factor of a truck that big, i'd own one. and there's the whole 10 gallons to the mile thing

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
I predict you'll be on a roof in the next 12 days,

I have a lot of people asking for this explanation.

"See you on a roof in the next 12 days". Think about that. Do you know someone who is roofer ? Do you recognise that there are "certain people" that you can expect to find on a roof ? There is a certain point in someone's life when their friends are so low-brow, their financial situation so low, and their work ethic so flexible that they too.. can be found on a roof.

I was working on a roof a few weeks ago. I'm that caliber of person.

Again, the common person you'll find standing on a roof. It's a certain demographic that the Dow Jones doesn't affect too much.

:) Celerity Burning on Roofers and low points in their life. Nothing but the best today on Hondaswap.

45mph in a 1987 plymouth reliant k-car... 3speed auto

The radio station changed to some opera when it hit the ground. ;-)

2.0 liter motor. or 2.2.. whatever it was it was slow as balls.

That's funny, we took a 1984 K-Car down the slopes at Mt Snow.

In the summer.

Interesting note for you all: Ski slopes have jutty rocks on them here and there. Some of those rocks, on Mount Snow, have bits of Dodge Aries undercarriage near them.

why is everyone ranking on him for posting pics and such of this foolishness?

there is a small road in my town that is prob 25-30 degree incline...
everyone goes over it a little too fast at one point of another...

i had a 80's ish toyota tercel 4 door shit box that i got for 100 bucks...
both rear shocks towers were rotted out and when i went off that road the whole inside of the car would fill with smoke from the rear wheels being stoved so far up in the wheel well and burning rubber...

i eventually bolted two scissor jacks on the top of both shocks and jacked them up to the rear dash/speaker area to keep them from making noise...

car overheated like a bitch, bald tires, ball joint was welded in, auto trans slipped, burned excessive oil, but i must say it was the best 100 bucks i ever spent in my lifetime...
sprayed it black with rustoleum semi gloss and did 2 racing stripes with yellow spray paint...
what a shit bomb...

Bringing it back after a week because I'm still catching up after being gone...

I used to do it every time I went to work driving my 1984 Chevy Celebrity Wagon- with the 2.8L V6 engine and 3 speed auto. It had loads of torque in a surprisingly light chassis (just a hair under 3100 pounds), and the Dynomax Super Turbo muffler in place of the 60 pound factory piece helped a tad too.

If any of you are in Houston- think about the Greenbriar just south of Highway 59- around 1993-1994. I always came off the freeway in the mornings (northbound) and made the right turn to head south on Greenbriar, planted my foot on the floor, and about 50 yards after the turn the road had a HUGE rise where the railroad tracks were just paved over, then launched off it at only 45mph all the time. That was just enough to get the car in the air, but not quite enough to make it bottom out when I hit the ground. That fraction of a second in the air every morning was smooooooooth. I loved that car- you could fit an entire twin size bed in the back.

:mrgreen:

The truck (95 Nissan Hardbody) I've jumped a few times, but not intentionally. There's one street in Austin close to UT campus (32nd street) that has a few road big road humps heading east towards I-35... and they're hard to see at night. One of the humps in particular is at the bottom of a long grade, so you can be going quite fast when you get to it- and it's easy to forget about because you normally don't give a damn about road humps if you're only doing 30mph. Well... 50+ and you get airborne. Big time. It's definitely not too fun when you're not expecting the jolt!

Oh- nobody was injured, and I always kept my car/truck in control- and no dead stop signs, tickets, deployed airbags, or alcohol was ever involved either. Good times.

oh, i forgot about this time with my 91 hatch
there's a road near my job that has some sick humps in it...
i went over one, thought it was over and proceeded to continue on my journey...
nope not over at all...
civic nose dived, scraped the bottom of my urethane front all to hell...
old lady was just in a car accident, so she ended up staying home for a couple days due to extreme back pain...
i was fine :shrug2:

some asshats did about 80 over the same hump and took it into a tree, dead on impact...

Back