Have you guys seen this yet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how much is it? that car looks hella bad with it theres wires everywhere. and it said it only good for like 15seconds of use at a time.

sounds cool, but i wouldn't pay 2k for something i could only use for 10-15 seconds at a time. Honestly, its not worth it, because if you want to run over like 10 pounds of boost then you need to have lower compression. and since you can only use it in short bursts, then that means the rest of the time you are driving on a motor that is not running to it's fullest.

Very cool idea and it does sound legit, but i think that the product would be a lot more marketable if they found a way to run it for longer. If they did I'm sure i would consider one of them.

Good find :thumbsup:

not sure the price but using it for 15secs at a time makes it sound even more legit

electric motors put out very very sick torque from the get go Im sure some of you have held an electric motors R/C other toy cars and turned them on you can feel the motor want to rip from your hand due to it spinning up so fast

the downside to having a very powerful electric motor is powering it chances are if it's a very powerful motor it will drain batteries in less then a min

that would be why its only for 15 sec burst

my dad works for NRL "navel reserch lab" and some of the stuff they make with electric motors is totally sick!

electric motors VS gas motors OWN as long as you can power them =)

Originally posted by senate_9427@Nov 27 2003, 01:52 PM
sounds cool, but i wouldn't pay 2k for something i could only use for 10-15 seconds at a time. Honestly, its not worth it, because if you want to run over like 10 pounds of boost then you need to have lower compression. and since you can only use it in short bursts, then that means the rest of the time you are driving on a motor that is not running to it's fullest.

Very cool idea and it does sound legit, but i think that the product would be a lot more marketable if they found a way to run it for longer. If they did I'm sure i would consider one of them.

Good find :thumbsup:

the idea is to replace NAWS!

if you had 10 batterys in the back you could run it for 75 secs at a time =)

all in how fast you can recharge the batteries

BTW most 1/4 miles races are over in under 15secs that is unless you drive a stock honda hehehehehhe

good find, i wouldnt' try it but looks like it might work..

Here's the price, it's $1995, look at the bottom of the page

If you only do drag racing at a track thats cool, and you wouldn't need much more than 15 seconds, and it would recharge before the next race. But for the street it might be sort of a hassle. i wonder if you could buy more batteries from them, or hook up your own to make it run longer.

well. i think the whole idea behind that is to replace nos, and if your building a strictly drag car you would only need to use it for under 15 seconds anyway. concider this, you buy that, run it at say 10-15 lbs, and put it on an everyday driver. this way, you can drive your car everyday without worrying about the FI fucking your shit up, but when you find that feg in the ricer who wants to race you can still pull ahead. it is a more economical idea in the age of stupid ass ideas. IE nos, running 20lbs of boost on everyday drivers. etc. i wouldnt buy it but ide support it, and im sure it will improve greatly in time.

Thomas Knight Turbos is proud to unleash our awesome new ESC-400 Electric Supercharger. This is not that POS little fan you've seen on eBay that barely pushes 1 PSI. Our product works. This is for real.

:tfg: :ghey:

but how else can you throw 2k into your car? <_<

Looks totally legit to me. That design should work. It's just a supercharger that's driven by motors and not a belt.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 1 2003, 03:09 PM
Looks totally legit to me. That design should work. It's just a supercharger that's driven by motors and not a belt.

werd

Back