have you seen the new penny's yet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uhm. Guys.

The problem is that sales taxes aren't 10% across the board. Around here sales tax is 6.5%. Try to convince people that 10% sales tax is "better"............

Oregon doesn't have sales tax. :p

Uhm. Guys.

The problem is that sales taxes aren't 10% across the board. Around here sales tax is 6.5%. Try to convince people that 10% sales tax is "better"............

Wouldn't matter, because it already happens and banks just round up. Hell, look at the price of gas. It's always something like 2.4999

Wouldn't matter, because it already happens and banks just round up. Hell, look at the price of gas. It's always something like 2.4999

Wrong. I'm going to have to be the ass who doesn't provide any substantiation this time because I'm at work.

Wrong. I'm going to have to be the ass who doesn't provide any substantiation this time because I'm at work.

You getting OT or Comp Time for working today?

if you round to the 10th, you make nickles obsolete as well. it won't happen. that will effectively make the minimum price for ANYTHING 10 cents.

you've all seen office space. a minor rounding error of extra pennies adds up pretty damn quick

if you round to the 10th, you make nickles obsolete as well. it won't happen. that will effectively make the minimum price for ANYTHING 10 cents.

you've all seen office space. a minor rounding error of extra pennies adds up pretty damn quick

That was thousandths of a cent that he made a mistake with.

Yea, but you gotta think. If that were to happen. How would they be able to give you that 3 cents they owe you? Pennies will never be obsolete. All those people shoving penny's in those big ol' water jug every day saving up for their kids college would riot, i'm certain of it. I dont even think national guards can handle riots that are over money.

I am one of those people! I love it. I took the change to the bank last month and walked out with a 393.xx receipt of deposit into my savings account. Time to buy those new bindings for the hill this year!

I hate carrying change in my pockets so I throw it all in a Crown Royal litre bag. When it gets full I cash it in and usually get a good 30-60 out of it every couple months. Mind you its the change from the days purchases so there's a lot of quarters. But now that I use mostly debit I don't have much to contribute.

Back