1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

haveing probs with the rpm gauge

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by scottybyo, Aug 11, 2010.

1. scottybyo

scottybyo New Member

i have a civic si with a b18ls in it and my rpm gauge only works sometimes and when it dose owrk if i rev it past 5500 rpm the gauge just stops woking all togather intill like an hour later or if i hit the lights on or something but it never really stays on for along time its not the dizzy and eveything to conv to obd1 the right way any ideas?

2. scottybyo

scottybyo New Member

dose anyone even know what wires the tec are in the back of the cluster ?

3. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

The copper wires.

Do yourself a favour, learn to use punctuation, then get a haynes or a factory service manual for the chassis, and one for the engine. I'm sure you can probably find the information on this board somewhere.

The only thing you should have done to convert to OBD1 is swap the OBD1 distributor on the engine with your b-series OBD2 distributor, and use an ECU conversion harness.

Are you absolutely sure all the wiring is intact? Sounds like a ground to me.

4. scottybyo

scottybyo New Member

yea thats all the things i changed to obd1 , i mean it works but just sometimes like ill be driveing and ill trun my lights on and the rpm will just shut off but then ill flick my lights off it will come back on but no matter what it never works past 5500 and thats when vtec hits

5. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

Sounds like a ground to me too. Check the ground on the thermostat housing. If that comes loose then your gauges will wig out

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted