Having problems... Need help fast!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wiredjosh

OK, I just found out about Hondaswap, but I'm not a newbie to engine swapping in general, just to EK's. I am helping a friend with a swap into his 98 HX, and we have some issues. I have done lots of swaps into 4th and 5th gen civics, but this one is looking less cheery. Here are some issues that I need help with:

I was under the impression that any b-series trans would work. The only tranny we were able to find was a ys1 cable trans w/HASport's hydro conversion on it. However, the HX has a hard line slave cylinder that doesn't appear to be able to flex around to fit onto it. Is there any remedy for this?

Second, I was told that the pass. side mount (trans top) would work w/ any b-series trans, but now that I am looking at the two, they are clearly different. Will I need one out of a GS-R, or are we screwed?

Third, I got the L-bracket from a gs-r, but yesterday someone told me that I need one from a 99-00 Si to use a b16 block in an EK, is this true?

Finally, it doesn't look like the engine harness comes off on the pass. side. Is there a way to remove it, or is it intended to remain on the car while the motor is removed/reinstalled?

I've searched all over and can't find any good answers to any of these problems. Please help me, as his car is in my garage and I don't want to get too far into taking this apart just to find out that we're really screwed.

Thanks!

yes you will need to use the 99-00 si L bracket and tranny mount. The harness will come out you have to pull the battery out and tray. and unbolt it and the engine harness will come out with the motor. I dont know about the slave conversion....good luck

So the trans will bolt up with the right mount? Is there any good source for those mounts? I think I can probably get a slave cylinder off an EG and make it work, since they used a soft line next to the clutch lever. Is there any way that the GS-R bracket will work, or is it just a no-go?

Well, here's what I've found out. I guess that the HX is an exception to everything that's out there on the EK's. NOT any B-series mounts will work. They have to be the ones for the 00 Si, including the L-bracket, frame bracket and matching trans mount. It's been a huge pain in the @$$ to try to figure this crap out.

Back