Having problems with my wire harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone have or know any info on wiring up a harness. Heres the setup.

1990 EF Sedan Civic
1990 D15B
1993 D16ZC VTEC heads (SOHC)
PM5 OBDO 1 MPFI Chip
1991 EF Civic MPFI Wire harness.

I've been waitin on this damn machanic to do my shit and he keeps puttin me to the side. I know about cars and shit, Im fimiliar with honda motors. I can do the wiring myself. The only problem I really have is that there are 5 wires that seperate from the harness to go straight to my brain... I just dont know what color wires from the brain to cut into. If anybody is fimiliar with this swap... The help would be much appreciated.

not sure what you mean by this brain thing with 5 wires... but i can tell you what you need to do to get it wired up correctly.

first off i'm going to assume your car stock was dpfi since you refer to needing a mpfi harness. the only way you can use the mpfi harness is if you get a matching mpfi cabin/dash harness. not a fun thing to switch out. best thing to do is take your stock dpfi harness, and convert it to mpfi.

https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/

I'm not sure what you mean to say when you said d16zc head, but it seems safe to assume you are using a sohc vtec cylinder head. that being said, after doing the dpfi to mpfi swap, get yourself an obd0-1 ecu jumper with subharness. you will need a stock p28, and a 4 wire o2 sensor.

Rywire - Online Store

Back