Having serious axle problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

1st off, I'm only posting here, because NO ONE reads the suspension forum.

I have a 90 HF with a b16 in it. Recently the axles started clicking REALLY bad. However my CVs are NOT broken. Let me repete that for all of you that are going to say "your cv joints are broken". THEY"RE NOT. Had a shop check it out, said they were ok, but were too loose?!?? I have 90 integra front knuckles/hubs with 92 teg brakes, and 90-93 axles and half shaft. Why doesn't this shit fit? Please help. Thanks.

-Kai

well, just a thought. Ive heard of people having trouble with those axles being too short. Stretches out the CV, cause them to wear fast and break. Then again, ive heard other people having absolutely zero problems running those axles.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. The CV joints get stretched and then start to click because the bearings are pulling out of the joints.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem??? Is it because I have integra knuckles/hubs??

PLEASE HELP!!!!

...if only I had $400 to blow...

yeah...hasport (or any aftermarket) axles are completely out of the question.

I need to know if the problem is my hub/kuckel setup. PLEASE. Its off a 90-93 teg with 92 teg brakes. Thanks

Maybe its the wrong half shaft....

Is there a difference between 90-93 integra half shaft and B16A shaft? I know you are supposed to run 90-93 integra axles, but I don;t know about the half shaft.

I'm pretty sure its the 90-93 teg half shaft.....with 90-93 teg axles....

That and BOTH axles are a little loose. WTF.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 90-93 TEG HUB/SPINDLES ARE DIFFERENT FROM 89-91 CRX Si/DX HUB/SPINDELS PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[edit]bump[/edit]

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 16 2004, 08:45 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 90-93 TEG HUB/SPINDLES ARE DIFFERENT FROM 89-91 CRX HF/DX HUB/SPINDELS PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The HF and the DX STD (four speed) have smaller hubs than the others, hence why you have to change them when you do a swap.

FUCK!!! SOrry my bad I ment Si/Dx

...I still need to know. Are teg spindles different from Si/Dx spindles??

And could this be why my axles are over extended and therefor clicking?

bump again. I REALLY NEED HELP!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 90-93 TEG HUB/SPINDLES ARE DIFFERENT FROM 89-91 CRX Si/DX HUB/SPINDELS PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bump, still no answers, altho I'll call Steve @ hmotos tomorrow, cuz he's the one that told me that 90-93 teg hubs/knuckles would work.

Back