having trouble getting a 99 prelude to run,has a jdm swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

ok heres the deal. My friend broke the crank pulley bolt on his USDM H22a4 motor..so he ordered a JDM h22 motor that is about 2 years older than the other engine. His car is a 99...we had to :

swapped front cover
Swap crank position sensors

and a few other things that werent the same on the motors. We installed the motor,and are unable to get it to run.We double checked everything,all sensors,and plugs are plugged in. the car has spark,timing,and fuel.Compression is good...its getting fuel because you can see it in the cylinders.We replaced all intake gaskets,so i doubt there is any major vaccuum leak.

Heres the thing though. The vehicle will run,if Starting fluid is sprayed through the intake.We thought a problem might be the aftermarket viper alarm system on the car,but im not sure.The motor will crank,and turn over,but will not Stay running.

does anyone have any ideas as to what is the major problem,or any suggestions? Thanks.

Is there Gas in the tank? Might sound like a stupid question but if your running with starting fluid then obviously you aren't getting fuel for one reason or the other...

Quoted post[/post]]
Is there Gas in the tank? Might sound like a stupid question but if your running with starting fluid then obviously you aren't getting fuel for one reason or the other...

from my knowledge..the car does have gas in the tank..im not sure how much is in there..but i thought it was atleast a little bit.

i will check tommorow to see how much is in there.

any other ideas?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

from my knowledge..the car does have gas in the tank..im not sure how much is in there..but i thought it was atleast a little bit.

i will check tommorow to see how much is in there.

any other ideas?

fuel pump maybe, or the main relay?

Also check the plug on the driver's side that looks like it goes to nothing, it should have a plastic piece in that plug that makes a circuit for several things including the fuel delivery..
This just happened to us on a 92 civic 4 door.

if he has fuel then his mainrelay and fuelpump are good. you are probably running rich because you are running a peak and hold injector without a resistor box. you need to convert the car to a peak and hold system. ive never done it, but im quite sure thats your problem.

Back