HDMI Splitter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Lookin for a splitter, with 2 inputs to 1 output. Newegg let me down, Amazon wasnt much better. Bestbuy was pricey. More inputs is fine, but I only need 2. Anyone know a good source?

A little more...

This is going to a 1080p TV, components are a HD Comcast box, Blu Ray player and XBox. What kind of transfer speed should I be looking for? I found one splitter that supports 7.5gbps. Would that still maintain video quality?

Also, the run will be 4 feet.

Last edited:
Do you have a receiver? most receivers do this for you

If either of your inputs is a game console you're going to want > 4.95Gbps:

HSYNC: 1920+280 (horizontal blanking pixel No.)
VSYNC: 1200+50 (vertical blanking line No.)
total pixel per frame = 2200x1250 = 2.75 Mpx/frame
Bit rate = 2.75 Mpx/frame x (3x8) bit/px x 60 frame/s = 3.96 Gbit/s
TMDS: 8 bit -> 10 bit
TMDS bit rate = 3.96 Gbit/s x 10/8 = 4.95 Gbit/s

Most blurays will require much less, since they are 24 frames per second...about 2.5Gbps

If you plan on running 3d 60fps, it'll take 9.9Gbps of bandwidth.

HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 1.3 Category 2 Are both certified to those speeds (if you're shopping at a brick and mortar store, look for both of those things)

Found one on there worth considering. Thanks.

Do you have a receiver? most receivers do this for you

Negative. Just the stuff I listed.

If either of your inputs is a game console you're going to want > 4.95Gbps:

HSYNC: 1920+280 (horizontal blanking pixel No.)
VSYNC: 1200+50 (vertical blanking line No.)
total pixel per frame = 2200x1250 = 2.75 Mpx/frame
Bit rate = 2.75 Mpx/frame x (3x8) bit/px x 60 frame/s = 3.96 Gbit/s
TMDS: 8 bit -> 10 bit
TMDS bit rate = 3.96 Gbit/s x 10/8 = 4.95 Gbit/s

Most blurays will require much less, since they are 24 frames per second...about 2.5Gbps

If you plan on running 3d 60fps, it'll take 9.9Gbps of bandwidth.

HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 1.3 Category 2 Are both certified to those speeds (if you're shopping at a brick and mortar store, look for both of those things)

God damn, theres a lot I dont understand in that post lol. I wont be going 3D any time soon. Just using my Blu Ray and XBox, so the 7.5gbps should be plenty, right?

Found one on there worth considering. Thanks

No problemo hombre. I ran one of their HDMI 4 port switches for a couple years, worked great. Pretty much every cable behind my system is from there.

7.5Gbps should be fine for your xbox.

Back