head change out on a d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

z6honda2009

alright im woundering what other heads i can put on the z6 can anyone help me out please.

becase i had to wire my car to si to even use the engine in my car 91 hatch

so get a p28 ecu,conversion harness,and add the 3 wires for vtec??
or get a ps9 and have it chipped to run vtec

id have to change my wireing back and then get the jumper and the computer

if your car is mpfi then its not gona be much of a problem, get any head you want that is a d series and it will go on there, if your not going to convert to vtec then dont get a vtec head.

Or just run the Z6 with no VTACKH. Or like INJEN said get a conversion harness and a P28, you wont have to rewire anything.

head swapping

i have a non vtec ls but i wana convert it to vtec i have the computer but wat head or heads can i put on it to convert it

you can put a b16,gsr,or type-r start your own thread

ok i dont think im explaining it that heres what i did i took a d15b2 out of my car witch is only 2 injector and put the d16z6 in witch is a 4 injectors so when i did that i had to wire the car to si to have the 4 injectors k i used a 89 dizzy and a si ecu witch is not vtecso pretty much i cut and moved wires and add wires for the dizzy and so forth so i cant get a jumper for the p28

ok i dont think im explaining it that heres what i did i took a d15b2 out of my car witch is only 2 injector and put the d16z6 in witch is a 4 injectors so when i did that i had to wire the car to si to have the 4 injectors k i used a 89 dizzy and a si ecu witch is not vtecso pretty much i cut and moved wires and add wires for the dizzy and so forth so i cant get a jumper for the p28
let me break it down even more to try and understand,, so you perty much converted your car to 88-91 si 4 injectors correct ? and its running like that now correct ?

its a mpfi swap..you can get a jumper harness and you can convert to vtec..or if you dont want to then just leave the vtec head and dont run vtec..then you will just need to get an 90-91 ecu and chip it..then have it basemaped for your setup..
you dont have to swap the vtec head out just because of your situation..
im actually running a z6 head on my nonvtec block and dont have the vtec hooked up,dont have the jumper and dont have the vtec ecu..
it still runs good.just doesnt hit vtec..

yes i had to wire it over to have the 4 injectors to run the z6 but i kinda want the vtec so could i stil use the jumper even though i had to move wires and had wires to the dx wireing harness

Back