1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head For D15b2

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by adamparker, Jun 2, 2003.

1. adamparker

adamparker Junior Member

Hi!!

I want to do head swap to my 92 Honda Civic with 1.5l D15B2. I can't do all engine swap .
    I am doing some 400 m races and I don't want move up to 1.6l engine category.
    I was thinking off going extreme and swaping some 1.6l VTEC head complete with
    intake manifold, wiring and ECU. Can anyone tell me which head will fit my engine
    block?? I am ready to do some extra work to conect oil supply to VTEC valve and
    maybe drilling bigger dowel holes.
    THNX
    Adam

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

the d16z6 head will fit your block nicely, almost any d series head will fit. the best combo for you would probably be a d16z6 head and a d16y8 intake manifold.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the D16Z6 head will fit directly on your block fine ... you dont need to drill anything... just remove the oil jet in the block ... the head has its own... the Y8 intake manifold is the way to go... get an LS integra 60mm TB too.... drop in some high compression pistons... and a cam
    (ever consider resleeving to a larger bore? the block will still say its a 1.5 :) )

also look into getting an EX/Si tranny with an LSD

4. adamparker

adamparker Junior Member

Thanx!!

I have just 2 questions. Do I have to run oil supply to VTEC valve ( like integra 1.8 swap LS to GSR ) ?
    And what is - oil jet - in block ?? My english is litle too poor to understand it.
    BEST REGARDS
    Adam

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted