head gasket problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i was re asembling my head and i thought to use my old head gasket and head bolts and it turns out it didnt seal right... sound about right? and i have new oil so i cant really tell if its mixing with water or not but in my radoritor theres oil over the top.. and on my 1 spark plug theres alot of oil... and it doesnt smoke alot it warms up... but the weird thing is... i have nooo power at all this all sound righht? i just wanna check... thanks

how can you tell they didnt seal right? Did you torque them down? 80-85 lb-ft and those ho's should be good to go. book only calls for like 70-75, iirc, but 85 is still safe, plus it accounts for any possible stretching of the headbolts. I know several ppl using this method and are running fine today.

As for the light oil film in your coolant, if you didnt do a complete drain/flush then there will still be some residue.

As for the lack of power, you prolly have you T-Belt off a tooth. Check your Timing

if the head is warped it will leak..you should never re-use a head gasket,it will eventually leak...and if the bolts were used then they stretched..meaning you need to torque more...

NEVER REUSE THE HEADGASKET! Whatever some may claim its something you dont want go wrong again.

Do you have oil on the top of the plug or the inside of the plug( in the head). it may be a plug seal on the valve cover. You have changed that one as well. its only like 25 buck for a felpro.

...and if the bolts were used then they stretched..meaning you need to torque more...

Not all Honda engines have head bolts that stretch, and if you do have the type that stretch you should never reuse them. If you torque used stretch bolts over spec you stand a good chance of breaking them off in the block.

Back