Head Gasket questions-A lot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper95DS

Ok, well I got in my 95 Honda Del Sol 1.5 to drive to burger king, all is well, I come home shut it off.
Three days later I go to start it up and it started really rough, I mean earthquake rough. Bear with me I'm familiar with engines and such but theres a crapload I dont know, so I'm a bit of a newbie. So it wouldn't stay running, if I let up off the accel. it just stalled. My girlfreinds dad said I blew a head gasket and o boy its fucked blah blah blah, but hes the type of devious asshole who will lie, make things seem worse than they really are and tell you theres no hope, just because hes a worthless piece of shit and wants nothing good to happen to anyone. SO...I thought I'd check here. Btw the car is Automatic. Anyway so the coolant is pretty low in the overflow but is still bright green. The oil looks like it might have water in it, so maybe it got into my crankbox? I found a kit online that comes with the Head Gasket, new seals for intake and exhaust, and a whole bunch of other crap. for 130 shipped. Should I buy this? Also I have a haynes manual but cant find it right now, o yay, but if anyone knows is there a walkthrough in there for doing this job? We've got a garage full of tools so thats covered, how long will it take to disassemble it to where we're down to the Gasket? Overall job length?

Sale is pending on the car so I need to get this fixed for the guy asap. So with that kit should I be ok? Now this has only been started a few times so I'm sure damage should be minimul to the surfaces, I hope. Will I have to get it machined, how much does that cost?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this as I cant trust one source, I really am stuck here, hope to hear back soon.

Thanks

how hot did the car get?
machining is usually not necessary but you can have the head shaved/milled to ensure true-ness

disassembly depends on how fast you can work...

don't know what kit you are refering to but if it has all the gaskets then go for it...

It drove normally when I took it to the fast food place and temp semmed fine, wasnt really looking to see if it was hot but as far as I could tell it was fine.

try and keep it running until it gets to normal temp's and then see if it will idle

do you have a check engine light?

hey, you said it, bro. and the procedure for replacing the hg is identical on both engines.

Well forgive the fuck out of me for trying to correct your mistake. That attitude will get you a lot of help around here. No really.
oooh, i'm sorry. i didnt mean to upset you with an emoticon.
what i meant to say is... why dont you answer the question rather than your petty condecending remarks? :D:beat:

there is no difference in replacing the head gasket on that engine and replacing one on a vtec engine. remove head, replace gasket, replace head.

the end.

if you wanna get an attitude with out members that are trying to correct ill concieved knowledge, how bout you stop asking questions.

It wasn't a condescending remark you absolute fucking tool. I was correcting your mistake...i.e. attempting to help you. You're on your way to not getting any help from anyone with your bullshit n00b attitude.

edit:
Read these two links and find out how absolutely stupid you're making yourself look by starting an argument about this.

Welcome to www.vtech.com

Howstuffworks "What does the VTEC system in a Honda engine do?"

what an asshole. you are too busy sucking my e-cock to realize what you are saying.
your response was condecending, and unnecessary. you could have just answered the simple question with the misspelled word without throwing me under the bus.
asshat.jpg

there is no difference in replacing the head gasket on that engine and replacing one on a vtec engine. remove head, replace gasket, replace head.

the end.

if you wanna get an attitude with out members that are trying to correct ill concieved knowledge, how bout you stop asking questions.

the reason the question was asked in the first place was an experience with the northstar engines. they have a tendency to rip the head bolts from the block when the engine overheats. this results in the need for a new block, and head, or a bandaid helicoil repair. none of these apeal to me if this is the case with the honda vteC.
it seems through my question and fantastic responces on how VteC is spelled, and the wealth of knowledge from the asshat correcting the way it was written, that this is not as much a concern as with the northstars.

now this is rich. it is obvious that you folks stick together here, which is great. dont close your eyes to the fact that your mouth breathing cohort laid out an attack for an H. sorry he doesnt like the same type of treatment in return.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

Boo Hoo little boy. Thanks for the negative trader rating. Good thing you understand what that's for, too. :D
LOL. i thought we were having a good time?
:lol:
well, we traded snyde remarks, doesnt that count?

the itrader tool is for selling services. not for this.

i will be removing the feeback.

don't use it for this again.

thread locked.

This thread has gone off topic and become a flame war.
Please discontinue this type of behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back