Head gasket re-use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is it ok to re-use an old head gasket? I dont think it is, but i have NO money to buy a new one, and i need to remove my head in order to clean off all the carbon deposits, in order to aid in passing somg.

So is it ok or not?

its not once you put it on and if you only use it for a minute its bad and you cant reuse it cuz it wont seal again.

on another note did you try using that denatured alcohol that people are talking about?

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 4 2003, 01:45 PM
its not once you put it on and if you only use it for a minute its bad and you cant reuse it cuz it wont seal again.

on another note did you try using that denatured alcohol that people are talking about?

Yes i did, it lowered everything, EXCEPT my NOX, which caused my to fail. NOX is created when there is high heat and pressure. Both of which can be fixed by cleaning off all the carbon build up in the cylinders and in the head.

So i cannot reuse my old head gasket?

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 4 2003, 01:43 PM
Is it ok to re-use an old head gasket? I dont think it is, but i have NO money to buy a new one, and i need to remove my head in order to clean off all the carbon deposits, in order to aid in passing somg.

So is it ok or not?

NOOOOOOOO

please just get a new one they're cheap... and that's a whole lotta work to replace it if it doesn't seal right... where it has 2 miles or 200,000

Back