Head gasket... won't start now.. HELP!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i did a mini-me swap on my 1990HF....i put the si head and all that on... we finished it today and are having some problems getting it to start up and i was wondering if anyone had any advice...

info: i def have sparks(i shocked me)... i have air... i did the "human compression test" and all the cyllenders seem to have compression... and the fuel is definatly there... so what could be the problem?

i thought the the problem was engine was flooded, the plugs were soaked... i've let it sit for a couple hours but it still won't start and hold
we've gotten it to fire up.. and it'll go.. really boggy.. chuggin but as soon as we let off the ignition it shuts off. <_<

thats all i can think of.. please respond if u have any ideas of what the problem might be or maybee how to fix her

Make sure You didnt leave anyting unplugged, anything on the wire harness or a ground, sounds dumb but i did a zc swap into a crx and in the mixup a groundwire on the back of the intake manifold didnt get tighted down, it was the main relay ground, it ran for a lil on the remaining gas in the system then nothing, also if the plugs are soaked it couldnt hurt to take then out and clean and gap them good luck ;)

Sounds like maybe you are off a couple teeth on the timing belt. If you don't have it right on, it will bog down. Since the timing advances as the rpms increase, you will feel it normalize as you give gas (granted that you have it started, which you said you did) If its too far off, it won't Idle cuz the timing is advanced or retarded too much. Just depends on which way your cam is turned, it could also be that your distributor is off, the same results will occur. just my 02

The flooding thing, prolly cuz you just cranked it for too long, and nothing happened.

somethin stupid but when i was a newbie i did a mini me swap on my 90 hatch si and i mixed up the plug wires and it did that, took me 2 hours to figure out what a stupid mistake it was, lol

Back