head gasket??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

ok guys, i gott one for u. i have been ignoring this for a while now, i have a 100% aluminum radiator i keep get rubbery sticky black buildup under the cap, and she seem too be leaking coolant.. no overheating, compression is in the 180's for all4 cylinders. new hoses, tstat. ive been ignoring this cause the b16 is goin in soon but not till spring now.. so its getting annoying plus coolant is a lil expensive..

If your head gasket was blown and leaking. your coolent system would be getting pressurized by the cyl psi. but you said u checked compression.. have you pressure tested the radiator?

30??? max u should put through the coolent system is 12-18psi. found anythin yet?

nope. just driving it till spring when i take it out and put the built b16 in. or until i kill it lol. 7k everyday on a 298xxx mi. motor.. lol

replacing the head gasket should only run you 250 with arp head studs and oem head gasket if you do it yourself. less than that if you shop arround.

first off do you see a mass of white smoke out your tail pipe? have you tryed a leak down test?

I say you flush the whole system and see if something is plugged

i put a hg on it 15 months ago.. no white smoke, ive flushed it 3 times since the hg. i replace the cap 2yrs ago with a brand new stant cap.. lately it idles really rough when i start it cold, and it likes to idle low (500-700rpm) when its up to temp.

Back