head gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
My roommate has a 99 civic si that has a greddy kit. he had built his motor and had some head work done. his block is bored 80 thousands bigger. i know he has forged pistons and is boosting 20 pounds other than that I not to sure about what he put in his car. so the other night he went out and came back to the house to find what he thought was a blown rad. hose. was really coolant in the number 4 cyl. I told him he probility blew his head gasket. what he told me that when he put his motor together he used a stock head gasket. and had reused his head bolts. I told him he need arp head studs and a head gasket made for turbo. so I asking everyone what kind of headgasket does anyone recommend and where would be a good place to get it.

.080? you sure its bored and not sleeved?

does he want a stock replacement for turbo? or does he want a thicker head gasket?

its not sleeved. I just talked to him and its bored .020 not .080 sorry for the miss information. and he is looking to get a stock replacement that would be good for turbo

he had a new oem head gasket on it, he got it at honda, but he is looking at getting arp head studs, he just wanted me to find what other people recommend for a head gasket. I told him look at an hks one

OEM = :thumbsup:

If you have some kind of weird bore size, a Cometic gasket will fit the bill well- but .02 over isn't weird.

thanks every one for the info, as soon as the weather clears up so we can tear it apart, i'll be sure to let you know what damage he really did.

Back