Head Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mesodum

Very bland question, will pure coolant leak from a head gasket, if so would this cause hydro lock I've had no choice but to drive like this for 2 weeks, so please help me thank you

Yes it is possible for a head gasket problem to send your coolant into the combustion chambers and not affect the oil. It shouldn't cause hydrolock the engine probably would not run if it was leaking that bad. However, I would definitely not drive the car anymore until you figure out the problem. If you do you might as well buy a whole new engine because you're probably going to mess up what you have beyond repair by driving it for 2 weeks.

Cool Thnks I pulled a plug and the head is soaked in a yellow residue (oil & coolant) ughh!!! Should I keep on taking the head off? P.S. Dont Buy Toyota MK3!!!!!!:confused:

Might as well pull the head off and see what the block looks like.. if the block & cylinder walls are ok you can probably fix it cheaper than replacing the motor. If you do go that route I would definitely have the head checked to see if it is warped & pressure tested to make sure that it's not cracked anywhere. It's really up to you depending on what you want to do with the car.

Back