Head Gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.+Dec 20 2003, 10:14 PM-->
Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 04:07 PM
youre talkin about dragsters...which have extremem cylinder pressure due to high boost. yeah, oem peices arent made to handle, say, 16 lbs with no overlap. but for simple turbocharged engines running about 25 degrees of overlap, an oem headgasket will do the job properly.

:concur:

Dumbass, how do you "concur" when you just made this statement?

Honda_Motor_Co. Posted on Dec 20 2003
@ 09:44 PM
OEM gaskets can't handle boost. Honda in the US are factory N/A gasket for N/A engines.

:tisk: :asshat: :beat: :nutkick: :chair: :tardcart:

Those are for you, because you seem to need pictures to help you understand things.

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.+Dec 20 2003, 04:29 PM-->
@Dec 20 2003, 03:59 PM

Your a little slow? WTF is that supposed to mean? Please don't turn comments into questions when they're not a question. And first of all wtf is a stock idle? God please just shut up now. Learn how a turbocharger works.

Stock idle for all hondas 500 R.P.M. oh yeah you know alot.

i thought it was 800 in 95 accords. my exgf had one with no mods and thats what i idled at. friend had a stock 97 civic ex and it idled at 700 with the a/c on, 800 with the a/c off.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND LEARN HOW TO READ ASSHOLE.

yeah, oem peices arent made to handle, say, 16 lbs with no overlap. but for simple turbocharged engines running about 25 degrees of overlap, an oem headgasket will do the job properly.

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Dec 20 2003, 10:40 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND LEARN HOW TO READ ASSHOLE.

yeah, oem peices arent made to handle, say, 16 lbs with no overlap. but for simple turbocharged engines running about 25 degrees of overlap, an oem headgasket will do the job properly.

Stop changing your story everytime you get e-bitchslapped. :roll:

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Dec 20 2003, 10:45 PM
That's from simplyfast relpy, Just STFU, your wrong and got your ass handed to you.

Can you see this--->
p_quote.gif
in the righthand corner of every post? Try using it, it makes things less confusing and people have an easier time sorting though your gibberish.

And the stock idle for all Hondas is NOT 500rpms, ya dummy.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 03:55 PM
it would be a lot keven, but think of the ease of gasket replacement when you open the engine back up. all you need is four copper orings.

but i really dont like cometic. i had one pop when i was runnin a mustang 5.0 to 120mph...after i took him, i looked down at the gauges and noticed i was runnin hot enough to cook a turkey. it was such a small leak at first, but after constant runnin (stupid on my part) i damn near cooked my head down. when i tore the head off and looked at the gasket, it failed b/w the layers...that pissed me off. it failed on the crunch layer, not b/w an outer layer/head or block. ill never buy or recommend cometic. it was a tweaked out all motor, runnin like 11.4:1 comp on all stock bottom.

all i say is oem. my guy at honda says oem only concerning gaskets.

kevin*

my civic and my sister's accord idle at 800rpm, while sometimes jumping to 1000rpm on starts or cold days.

--btw, overlap on turbo motors is bad. its a waste of turbo energy and with 25 degrees of overlap, pretty much all of the boost goes out of the exhaust manifold.

i heard a lot of ppl having problems with cometic head gasket.
unless u want to run 15+ lbs of boost on a honda, OEM gasket are good gasket, i run arpund 9lbs on my D16y8 with complete stock internal and head gasket for over 1 year and everything was great.
OEM head gasket can handle..

you couldnt correct my spellin of your name on one post? sorry bout that by the way.

yeah i know overlap decreases a turbos effeciency, but i was just citing average overlap on honda cams. i could be wrong about them...hold on.

most b series cams have 17 d of overlap.
itr cams have 25 d of overlap.
ctr cams have 28 d of overlap.

sidenote; best oem honda cams to use for turbo are non type r.

so does anyone at all have real usefull information for me? Toda, Mugen, and Spoon head gaskets are just a BIT out of my price range. HKS is my last resort but i've been looking into cometic. PLEASE someone give me more info than just the stuff i've been getting. All i want is a thicker head gasket, already know what it does, already know that a OEM gasket would be fine, but still i just want a thicker one. So please, thats all i wanna know. make it simple and blunt.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 08:08 PM
sidenote; best oem honda cams to use for turbo are non type r.

No shit, dumbass.

Stop wasting space. All you do is post useless info. You and Honda_motor_Co are just retarded and all you do is give out either useless or wrong info. Just stop posting here and go to superhonda.com

Back