Head Gaskets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic3

Hey just wondering if anyone know what will work better with high boost a cooper head gasket or a three layer metal one?

Originally posted by civic3@Oct 6 2004, 06:53 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone know what will work better with high boost a cooper head gasket or a three layer metal one?
[post=399255]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't know that Cooper Tires made head gaskets... I guess you could pick up 4 for $99 at your local AutoZone and try them out and let us know what you think.

:)

You must mean "copper" right? Copper is a metal you know. :)

I just replaced my head gasket a week ago. I went with a Honda OEM head gasket and used a few coats of copper spray on it. I also upgraded to ARP head studs.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 7 2004, 07:09 PM-->
@Oct 6 2004, 06:53 PM
[post=399255]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't know that Cooper Tires made head gaskets... I guess you could pick up 4 for $99 at your local AutoZone and try them out and let us know what you think.

:)

You must mean "copper" right? Copper is a metal you know. :)
[post=399715]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry could spell correctly I was never good in english!!! :angry: I know copper is a metal but one seal better so I was wondering which is better for boost :blink:

Try it out, see what you think. Pull the head after break-in and re-evaluate. Check your coolant for oil and notice how easily you overheat. Most people use Honda OEM or Cometic.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Oct 7 2004, 08:15 PM
I just replaced my head gasket a week ago. I went with a Honda OEM head gasket and used a few coats of copper spray on it. I also upgraded to ARP head studs.
[post=399721]Quoted post[/post]​

werd- stock and good head studs is the way to go

Back