Head job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

I have all the nessecary parts for a d15b7 with a d16z6 mini-me head but i was looking for gasket diagrams for a head job. I got my head all redone and new valve seals, but the shop who did it said they would replace all the gaskets they would need to as well as the valve seal when i brought them the gasket set. when i got the head back their was an old little L shaped gasket i never saw when i brought the head in about three inchs long. And their is a new one in my gasket set , I don't know where it goes. Also I need to adjust my valves before i do the job I don't know what the gap needs to be with the feeler guages.?

thanks

.007-.009 Intake
.009-.011 Exhaust
Not sure about the gasket question though, could you post a pic of it?

Definitely post pics, I'm not familiar with that gasket. You could just ask the shop that did the work for you.

Yeah an "L" shaped gasket sounds odd, most gaskets are circular. Could it be for something like the vtec solenoid or fuel rail?

I'm pretty sure the vtec solenoid uses just that rubber grommet with the filter on it, no other gaskets. Maybe a part on the throttle body?

I would post a pic from my digital camra if i knew how to on this site???
Im mechanically inclined not electronically inclined

im not sure "head job" is work safe... :ph34r:

actually, ive seen that gasket before, ill try to remember what it was for.

Its a topline complete d16z6 head gasket rebuild set Ok sorry the gasket has a hump in the middle of it like a bell curve but rounder and a square on one end

Back