head question.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tecdippin03

is there anything wrong wit putting gasket seal on a new head gasket...

Don't do it; you don't need to, as it is a metal headgasket, and the compression on it by the head bolts/studs will seal evereything as it is supposed to without the need for sealer.
However, if you already did it, it probably won't hurt anything, unless you used an ungodly amount.

yea cuz i already did it n i was wondering if i have to take tha whole head off to take tha seal off if it was a problem.......i didnt put alot

you should never use sealant due to the fact when the engine is getting warmer or warming up the block and head slide on each other, very little but it does move. alot of poeple use that copper spray thats bad to, because with it not allowing the head and block to expand it tears the gaskit honda motors dont have to big of an efect becaust its alum block on alum head, so the slide is very minimal. thats why honda went to the metal crush gaskits. run it as long as you can but if you get coolant disapering or bubbles in your coolant or air coming out of oil dipstick tube then replace with new gaskit and get the remaining sealant off.racers use hondabond on the water jacket of the gaskit but thats because they cant take a chance and run there motors not fully broken in.

Back