Head swap? Problems? Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I had another post, but I guess it wasn't informative enough. Anyway, like I said, I'm tired of the old CX, I'm having some issues also. I need something with a little more power for very little money before/while I build my LS. I have a DX head from my old 92 hatch, I need to know if this will fit and if there will be any gains, the compression ratio if I swap the heads..if any different, mph vs rpms on the 93 CX and 92 DX tranny and to know what your opinions are.

The problem I'm having with the Cx is the fu<king oil, this shit is everywhere. Its on the front bumper, the hood, the block, the head, the radiator...everywhere, I think it might be comming from the head gasket but I don't know yet. The only measures I've taken so far were to replace the valve cover gasket, it helped. It doesn't burn as much oil now and only smokes once in a while. A compression test is in order and I will post the results as soon as I do it. There are no visible holes or cracks anywhere and it runs fine, burns some oil but I think that whatever this really bad oil situation is will solve that too.

Oil is mostly gunked up on the distributor side of the head/block in front. It does not leak and only smokes sometimes. I need to fix this, because I gotta drive this beast to work. It's also going to be a little while before I have my swap complete.

I'm thinking of going out and buying a head gasket and throwing on the DX head just to see if it solves my problems.

Answers will be appreciated.

I know, I will. Had a b18b1 in my old hatch, this time I gotta wait longer, so I need something to hold me until then.

i would say clean under the hood. then check to see where the leak is comming from

Oil is mostly gunked up on the distributor side of the head/block in front. It does not leak and only smokes sometimes. I need to fix this, because I gotta drive this beast to work. It's also going to be a little while before I have my swap complete.

check your cam seals, and that your distributor is tight.

not necessarily. it might not even be loose. its just a piece of plastic, and they are known to leak from time to time

Back