Head Swap Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

i have a d15b8 and i am swapping a d16y8 head on it now im wondering which headgasket do i use because some say y8 others say z6 and a few say the b8???

also which head bolt do i use because the head bolts that came out of my y8 have 2 bolts that are longer then the rest and all the bolts from my b8 are as long as the long ones from my y8 so which ones should i use???

would a d15b8 with a d16y8 head be ok for 7-10 pounds of boost from a td05h or would the comp be too high

ppl dnt answer stuff like this because theres soo many things on google about it but ill be cool...i have a mini me in my car b7 block z6 head...your gnna need the z6 timing belt..and the head gasket for the head your using...and the water pump is the one for the block your using b8 block=b8 water pump..and such..you'll need a adjustable cam gear for the timing to be dead on other wise its gnna be half a tooth off...which wont hurt it..and use the y8 head bolts because its a high spot on the head...and as of boost im gnna run 7 psi in mine it shoulld be fine..i wouldnt go 10..7 should be quick...the cpmression its a little bit higher then a stock y8 would be..theres not much of a change...good luck let me know if you need help with anything else

i used the z6 one...works fine..o and dnt forget to change the oile pressure sensor on the back of the block to a y8 one or z6..and take out the oil jet on the top of the block its towards the back..thread a screw a lil into it and it comes right out..i missed that the first time and my car didnt hit vtec..so dnt forget lol

is the oil pressure sensor the little blue or green thing that should be screwed into were the dome looking thing is on my motor

DSCF0038.jpg

lol what about feltpro head gaskets are they bad news or what because right now i really cant afford oem honda or cometic but i need my car. would the HG from from autozone(feltpro) and stock head bolt be ok for about a month ???

but like i said i dont have the ability to wait till have have the money thats why im asking if it would be ok

dude honestly i got a hg from autozone for a z6 for 40$ and its the metal one not the felpro crap...and its been fine and i beat the shit out of it...and yes the sensor you showed above is the oil pressure sensor...just p.m me with questions if anything ive done it...good luck bro

Back