1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

head swap question

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by yippee, Mar 13, 2007.

1. yippee

yippee New Member

first of all, i'm a n00b in engine building. i only have the ever so slightest amount of experience. my question is: i was offered a P&P head for the d16a1. my engine is all original with over 250,000 miles. has never been rebuilt. runs strong, but never rebuilt. i know its old and worn out. the thing is, i was hoping to drive my motor into the ground (until it dies on its own terms) then either rebuild or swap. i wasnt really wanting to rebuild until it lays down. is it possible to just swap the head without rebuilding. i would replace all of the seals that would have to be removed or old, so i wouldnt have any leaks. or am i going to have to go through and rebuild the whole engine in order to just swap out the head? i would like to just swap the head and go until it lays down then i can worry about rebuilding. thanks

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

if it was me with all those miles i would just buy a new used d15b vtec, 500 bucks to the door

3. yippee

yippee New Member

the motor is a blacktop d16a1. DOHC 1.6L 5SPD. 88-89 Acura Integra

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted