head swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yippee

first of all, i'm a n00b in engine building. i only have the ever so slightest amount of experience. my question is: i was offered a P&P head for the d16a1. my engine is all original with over 250,000 miles. has never been rebuilt. runs strong, but never rebuilt. i know its old and worn out. the thing is, i was hoping to drive my motor into the ground (until it dies on its own terms) then either rebuild or swap. i wasnt really wanting to rebuild until it lays down. is it possible to just swap the head without rebuilding. i would replace all of the seals that would have to be removed or old, so i wouldnt have any leaks. or am i going to have to go through and rebuild the whole engine in order to just swap out the head? i would like to just swap the head and go until it lays down then i can worry about rebuilding. thanks

if it was me with all those miles i would just buy a new used d15b vtec, 500 bucks to the door

Back