head swap w/ 02 Si??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

complicity

Hi.

I've got an 02 Si (k20a3), and I'm wondering if I can swap the head with that from a DC5 (k20a), a JDM CTR (k20a1), or an RSX type S (k20a2).

Which one is the best choice?? How much is it going to cost? Will it fit without any major headaches??

Thanks in advance :worthy:

swapping the blocks would probably be better. K24 block (new CRV) + a K20 head = mad all motor power. I think you can even get a brand new K24 block from honda for a little over $1000.

skunk2 did the k20a2 head swap onto the civic si block not too long ago- you might look to their website- Some of the headaches that i can remember they went through is the collector not being in the right position to mount up to the exhaust and the reflash that a certified honda dealer has to do to the ecu in order to let it run, if i remember correctly-

my brother did it on his 02 si. it makes a hella of a difference, and it actually sounds like vtec engages like on a B series vtec. it pulls a lot harder. on the butt dyno Id say 15-17hp and 8-12lb ft trq gain. a lot more top end. i dont know what he did exactly I know he had to take it to honda, and have them change out for the RSX ecu and reprogram it or somethin like that. I dont know exactly. Dont know much about K series, my mind is still stuck in B series mode.

yeah, well the reason that it sounds different is because the civic si motor only has vtec on the intake cam and it's not even true vtec, in the sense of a b18c- if you want to know more about it i could explain, but either way, the RSX type s head has true DOHC vtec on both cams :thumbsup:

my brothers in Cali for like a month, and I get to drive it, as long as I detail it before he gets back, so Im happy. I gotta change the oil---but my question is where the hell is the oil filter. I searched and searched, cant find it for the life of me.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 22 2004, 10:31 PM
where the hell is the oil filter. I searched and searched, cant find it for the life of me.

It's on the back of the block, above the right axle.

hmmm that's weird- honda swtiched the orientation of the motor in the car, but left the oil filter in the same place?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 22 2004, 11:58 PM
hmmm that's weird- honda swtiched the orientation of the motor in the car, but left the oil filter in the same place?

Yes. You can reach over from the top or up from underneath to remove it, but either way it is a bitch. Try pulling the right front tire and reaching through the wheel well. I have heard that is easier, but I have never tried it.

ok, I see it, but it looks like a bitch to get to. I guess Ill take it to honda, easier for me just to pay 20 bucks then me struggling just to change the oil. the spot is perfect for honda, because no one wants to change their own oil, so everyone takes it back to them, and they make more money off u. i hate when they do stupid things like this.

Back