Head Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integra dude

i resently bought a 97 integra and a 94 integra gsr. i was wondering if it would be smart for me to put the vtec head off of the 94 and put it on the 97? some friends tell me that it will boost the heck out of the conpression and that it is the newest and hottest set up on an integra. others tell me that i couldnt even get the vtec to work and i would have to rewire the entire car. is it even possible to do this and if it is, is it worth it. any comments would help. thanks

Because the 97 LS is OBD2 and the GSR is OBD1 it would take some and some extra money (above the normal costs of the LSVTEC) for parts to convert the GSR head to OBD2. I would reccomend instead of spending all the extra money on making the GSR head work with an OBD2 harness you would be better off boosting the LS. Is there something wrong with either car?

thanks for the advice. now could i just put the vtec head on there and still have the boost of compression and not rewire the car and not have the vtec working or would that just mess stuff up?

Originally posted by integra dude@Jan 22 2003, 12:54 AM
thanks for the advice. now could i just put the vtec head on there and still have the boost of compression and not rewire the car and not have the vtec working or would that just mess stuff up?

ummmm no

and this is not swap related.

what part of

SWAP RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY don't you people understand?

moving

if you want to do a vtec head, you need to do it right. its not cheap.
go to the FAQ forum and read the thread on ls/vtec and cr/vtec info

Back