Head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NorCalAl

I have a 1990 Civic DX Hatch that I haven't driven in years because I was having bottom engine issues. However, I have been driving a 1995 Civic LX and would like to rebuild the top end but I can't have my car out of service for more than a day or two. My question is, does anyone know if the head off of a D15B2 is compatible with my D15B7 engine? It would be nice to take my other head off and rework it and then just swap it out.....

its been awhile but i think its the same head casting. The b2,b7, and a6, difference betweeen a6 and b7 is the cam.

I will find out for you. What exactly are you doing again? You mention the bottom end. Kinda confusing.

It will work. Si heads have larger valves (doesn't apply to you). First you should check if the distributor will swap over. If it bolts on then you're golden. Oh and there is a slight chance the timing belt may be wrong. For example I just put a D16Y7 head on my D16A6 block. The Y7 belt was 104 teeth long and the A6 belt was 107 teeth long. I got a Y7 belt and everything was fine.

Just match the timing belt to the head. For you it would be a D15B7 block and D15B2 head & timing belt. I have a feeling the belt should be the same though.

Last edited:
Back