Head Unit issues!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NFini2

How's it going. My name is Nick and currently my girlfriend had purchased a 90 honda civic lx but the factory headunit that was in it needed a code. Instead of going through trying to get the code I bought her a headunit. I got a harness adaptor that connects to the headunit's harness; however, when everything is hooked up nothing happens. I tripled checked with both wire diagrams to make sure everything was right, it was. One thing that throws me off is that the memory back up wire it's 7.5 amps BUT the powerwire is only .5 amps.. Can anybody point me in the right direction on what to do? Thanks!

I was thinking about that, it is possible. the glass fuse covers just slide right off, but that's how it came factory sealed. Do you think i should try putting the 7.5fuse on the power line? (.5amp)

dosnt matter. If it gets juice it gets juice and should power up regardless.

looks like your ignition wire has no juice. to test both power wires first twist the red and the yellow together and hook them up to your harness. Once you have put the fuse back in or reconnect the battery the cd player should come right up. That means your constant has power.

however if it does not turn on by itslef but it does when you turn the key then you have ignition power.

get yourself a test light. Seems to me like you blew a fuse

Back