Head???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ADIDAS

Umm Noob here :blink:

I got a 93 xd hatch and would like to know if i can make it DOHC by throwing in a head from Teg GS. Would that be possible and would it raze hp ???
And if cauld be done what else would have to changed to work properly
:worthy: Thanks to all!

It's 02:40 AM, I don't need to read something like this this late. :( do some reading on this site, and no, you can't swap a LS head onto your D series block.

no sohc (d-series) head can be converted to dohc. look into maybe a motor out of an integra or any b-series motor.

oh come on how the hell would i know what time is it where you are and i am asking everyone and i can wait. and by the way its 5:47 pm here!!!

and i am fricking tired of serching topics and read articles there is just too many of them here

and maybe anyone would be kind to tell me how to raze power with a very low budget without swaps and turbos.

Um and sorry if i woke you up man :unsure: sleep :sleep:

Originally posted by whiteLS@Feb 22 2004, 02:47 AM
no sohc (d-series) head can be converted to dohc. look into maybe a motor out of an integra or any b-series motor.

Not true, you can turn SOHC D's to DOHC using the DOHC D series heads.

And it is raise, not raze, punctuation and capitalization are your buddies, and don't be lazy.

(wow the zc head will fit on any d)news to me

adidas: look into mabe a ex head(vtec) and some nitrous

DOHC d series heads Dont fit on sohc d-series blocks the, D16a1,a7,a8,ZC heads will only fit on those original blocks.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 22 2004, 05:13 AM
DOHC d series heads Dont fit on sohc d-series blocks the, D16a1,a7,a8,ZC heads will only fit on those original blocks.

Yes, you can swap some of the older DOHC D series heads onto some of the older SOHC D series blocks., It isn't a perfect match but takes very little modding.

Im curious as to which older d-series DOHC heads you think it is possible to swap on to which older d-series blocks if you are talking about the D16a1 that is not true, the head bolt pattern is different unless you are talking about drilling and tapping new head bolt holes, which if you are, i hardly consider that little mods

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 22 2004, 08:20 PM
Im curious as to which older d-series DOHC heads you think it is possible to swap on to which older d-series blocks if you are talking about the D16a1 that is not true, the head bolt pattern is different unless you are talking about drilling and tapping new head bolt holes, which if you are, i hardly consider that little mods

I don't think, I know, a guy did it here, along with some people here, here, and this guy., I didn't say it "just bolts on", but it is not a complicated process. I tell you what, when the guy down the street that has both sitting in his garage gets off his lazy ass, and puts it together, I'll take a pic or two, so if I am wrong, you can gloat, if I am right, well, one less "fact" dispelled.

I am sorry if i mouth offed some good members and sorry if i pissed some of you people off but i did read alot through the FAQ's. It took me about two hours to find something not worth even looking at. and sorry about my punctuation and capitalization but i tried my best. I live in US only two years and i dont think thats enought to learn to speak (in this case write) perfect english, please forgive me :unsure: i will try my best next time and HUGE thanks to all who replied. this was really helpful. Thanks... :D

all those sites lead to one site showing them do it on an old EW block,technically that is a DOHC ZC head on a sohc D series block, but that doesnt matter because of the fact that EW motor goes in with the D16A1,A8,A9,ZC it shares the different head bolt pattern and mount pattern,all d-series from 88 and up do not share those characteristics. This would be helpfull for this guy if he had a first gen CRX, but since hes talking about modding his 93 DX motor he doesnt have an EW, nor will an EW swap in there.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 23 2004, 08:11 PM
technically that is a DOHC ZC head on a sohc D series block, but that doesnt matter because of the fact that EW motor goes in with the D16A1,A8,A9,ZC it shares the different head bolt pattern and mount pattern,all d-series from 88 and up do not share those characteristics.

Like I said, when he ( former Honda mechanic/parts guy) gets off his ass and does his, I'll take some pics of the result, failure or not, but till then, you shouldn't spout off a small list of motors and expect your "facts" to be complete. Ever heard of the D16Z5, D13b, D15Z8, D14A2 D15Z3 D16Y3, these are all variation of D series, and since you didn't list them off, I can only assume you don't really know everything there is to know on the subject. I don't.

look bro, im not trying to be a dick, (even though i may be coming off as one ;) ), and im not trying to pretend like a know everything about d-series or anything, Im just saying, im positive that the dohc ZC Head will not fit on this guys D15b7, im just trying to help people out with what i know, ya know.

It can be done, but its not a direct bolt on. I have seen pictures of it. One of the moderators, who was well respected, posted pics of his buddy that did it. I can't remember who the mod was because it was about 2 years ago. The conclusion was that it wasn't worth it.

Back