header and o2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joesefcivic

ok im doing a b16 in my 91 hatch this weekend. well the problem is i got a greedy header with two o2 sencor bungs down by the cat. now if i have to extend the wire down to the new location then will this make my car run rich? do to the fact that the o2 is not at the stock location. they are usually 6 inches belowe the exhaust flang. and if it wont run rich then will the gauge of the wire that is going to the new location play a factor in how it reads?

if you got any thing for that then it would help out a bunch. i just dont want to weld two more bungs on the header if i dont have to. then i would have to find something to plug the existing ones! thanks joe

location should not affect it as long as its ahead of the cat...i mean are the exhaust gases different from the top of the header than at the rear of the downpipe?...just match the gauge of the wire close to the stock gauge..it will be fine...don't worry...

I would think what model b16 is it that you are swapping.........

the reason the o2 sensors are where they are is because one contrls two of the cylinders and the other contrls the remaining two cylinders.........

they primary o2 leans out two of the cylinders while the secnd richens the other two so I would think they need to be where they where on the stock manifold,..just a thought

You can find out more on hondata.com

yea, for a pr3 or pw0, one sensor reads cylinders 1 and 4 and the other one reads cylinders 2 and 3.

I used a 4 into 1 DC Header and after alot of research and alot of opinions
I decided to put the O2s where Honda meant for them to be.
If you put them too far down stream they won't get hot enough to send
a good signal. The single wire O2s are not pre heated.
If you try to use just one and cross it over it will confuse the ECU into running lean or rich.
I welded an O2 bung on runners 2 and 4 at 5" downstream from the head.
Honda intended to look at cyls 1 and 4 together and 2 and 3 together in their
4-2-1 header but just looking at 2 and 4 seems to work well.
I haven't thrown a code yet and it seems to dither
perfectly.
Photos available if you want.
Ralph

dont bother.. place the sensors were they came originally and dont stress... make sure to tap the other holes..i done this several times to b16's//i always put the sensors were they belong

Back