HEADER BOLT HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

I just recieved my header bolts from summit racing about an hour ago and i was wondering exactly how to get my factory ones out? I broke off the heads of two of the bolts so i had to order new stage 8 bolts. please let me know asap b/c i need to drive my car to fort jackson in the morning.

thanx
matt

have you tried using some pliars? that would have been my first course of action. that may not be the correct way but it's just an idea.

You should go to sears and buy a stud remover and you probly already have a 3/8 drive ratchet then put the stud remover on the broken bolt and wcench away. If it is broke off in the head try using an easy-out ask someone a sears about it they should know but be careful the head is just aluminum good luck

i put my whole f@#$ing swap in by myself and had it running in 13 hours. ...so i think i can put in header bolts.... i asked for help no smart azz remarks...

sorry I mis under stood, ok get a propane torch ( a small one) and some run of the mill candle wax, heat up the bolts that still have the heads on them so they are really hot but not glowing red then remove the torch and touch the wax so it will drip behind the manifold on the bolts, let it cool a bit and then try to wrench them out with what ever fits them the best. As for the broken ones this will suck, after you get all the bolts with heads on them out, you have to take off your manifold (which is not fun) and then remove the broke ones with the stud remover or vise grips I recomend vise grips, unless you plan on taking any other studs out then the stud remover is a good investment. But wax the broken bolts too after you get the manifold off it makes them come out a bit nicer. be easy with the torch aluminum likes to warp but I dont think it should hurt your head because the head is bolted down.

Never mind if the manifold is off wax them and then use either stud remove or vise grips since you have new bolts-Vise grips

Back