Header flange

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

juicedz

So my motor should be here on wednesday. Will I need to get a new flange on my exhaust pipe to mate it to the b18c or is it the same flange. Currently have a d16z6. Trying to get all the parts I need so I can jump right in once it gets here. Thanks in advance...

That I know. I was wondering if the flange on the B series header will bolt directly to my current converter. I guess I should have been a little clearer with my question. Thanks

The gsr flange to the cat is the same but turned, you "could" take it to a garage and cut and weld it. But to get it on the road you can rotate the stock catalytic converter and it will fit good enough to drive but will most likely leak. I beleive you can use an integra catalytic converter to solve this problem but i havn't done it or seen it so don't take my word on that.

I can't remember if the flange on the cat on the eg is turned or not, I think that it is, But the problem you are going to have with putting a gsr header on is that it won't reach your cat (it's not long enough by almost 2 inches), and the GSR has the o2 sensor mounted on the cat, rather than on the manifold downpipe. your civic has the o2 sensor on the pipe, You could get a header for a b series non-vtec (either 94+ if your converter has a crooked flange, or a 92-93 header if yours is perfectly horizontal)
Or you could get a gsr catylitic converter.
either way you look at it you can't use the stock b18c1 header with an Eg cat because there isnt going to be a place for the o2 sensor.

THe O2 is on the manifold. Looks like im going to have to cut and weld something together on this one. The P/O had a Fubar setup going on where the header was supposed to be a 2 piece but gettofied(my word dont steal) it for some reason.

Dude ghettofield is my new favorite word, should have kept it too yourself;) good luck with the rest of your swap.

Yelp ghettofied. The P/O tried to use only 1 piece of a 2 piece header it looks like.
DSC03835.jpg

But shouldnt be an issue. Just a little cutting and welding as long as the ice holds off for a while..

Back