Header Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

capricefrk013

is waiting for summer
I didnt know where the proper place to post this so I posted it here. Please move if not in the correct spot.

Anybody know where I can get the gasket that goes between the header and the down pipe like in the pic?

No local parts stores have them and the ones that look like it in the books are not right.

Attachments

• MR-SSH-AI90911.jpg
    MR-SSH-AI90911.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 151
You'll just have to match it up with something at the parts store.

I tried that already. They all said, ya we got that. They pulled it out of the bag n before they went to match it up I said, nope not the right one.

O well. The silicone will work for now.

I have that header too. Mine blew out as well.

I used some asbesteos exhaust putty to mate the two halves together again. I'm not sure if you can get that in the US anymore though....

You might want to look at copper roof flashing to make a gasket. You cut it correctly, then crank it down. Heat-cycle it a few times, then crank it down again.

EDIT: try lapping the surface with a bastard file before you put it back together again, I did it with mine, and I found that neither side was flat. It looked like it may have been flat before they welded everything to the flanges, but it wasn't anymore. If you go the copper flashing route, be sure you lap the surface. Or take it to a machine shop and have them flatten it. But that will probably cost as much as you paid for your eBay header.

Last edited:
Try giving this place a call. I think they are the guys that made a similar gasket that I used on my old CRX. SCE Gaskets Inc.
go to header gaskets....then sports compact pro copper....first on that link

Last edited:
Hey thanx. They have the right one. I called em and gave them the measurements of mine and it matched up. I searched and searched and couldnt find anything. +1 Rep time.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just go to Honda? If you didn't get the part there, you could have at least got a part number.

You can also buy your own gasket kit and cut one for the right shape... I don't know if there is and issue with the heat tho.

I've also heard of guys applying grease to the mating surfaces, and then letting the heat crystallize it.

Back