header help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aramsey80

I have a 99 hatch that i just swaped a b16a into. What header do you know fits well and clears x-member? Thanks. also i am sure you know, but it needs to be compatable with obd1 o2 sensor near where the header bolts to the rest of the exhaust.

Just purchase a header for the 99-00 Civic Si. That car is the same chassis, same engine bay, and it had a B16 in it that was OBD2. I think this answer should have been pretty obvious... :shrug2:

Ride: 1995 civic dx.
99 hatch
OBD1
Stuff isnt making sense to me, but just get the 99-00 Si header like Brutal said.

And the location of the O2 sensor bung isn't really that big of a deal. You can always purchase a piece of extension wire to move the sensor to wherever you need it to be on the manifold...

I used to have a 95dx. I wonder if a 99-00 Si header has the same o2 sensor location as a obd1 b16 header? Thats why i was asking my original question. I know that a Si header will bolt on.

it is at the end of the header under the car if that makes sense. where the collector bolts to the rest of the exhaust. And I have no cat becase the car was on my cx manifold. So now its just the stock jdm header and my stock cx exhaust.

That's where it's typically located with other B-series equipped OBD2 Hondas. I have a 97 Integra and that's where the sensor is, right there on the down-pipe before the collector. That's most likely where the 99-00 Si header mounts it's O2 sensor as well...

Back