header options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

So i need to get a header but it seems i only have 1 option......DC sports. Does anyone know of any other make of header that will give similar power gains and cost less? I know you get what you pay for :blah: but it seem there has to be another option. Keep in mind my current mods (see sig), and the fact i have no clue where i am going with this car.

But are they any good? i'm sure DC and greddy ones are but does anyone have experiances with OBX or weapon R headers? i'd think they are junk just like the rest of there stuff.

Kamikaze 4-1. And mine should be here soon, in which i will be selling, brand new in box ready to ship, selling my car so i wont need it now, ordered for a civic si (b16) ceramic w/ 2.5" collector.

Are the headers for the 99-00 Si interchangeable with the 92-95 setup, or totally different? Do you have to buy the header to fit the car, or the B16 motor you have IN the car? I know I personally had some problems with teh magnaflow exhaust made to fit the EG, and I'm not really sure if it was because of the B16 header pipe or if magnaflow just sucks.

You buy the header for the engine in the car, not the chassis.

So, i know either the del sol b16 or the civic si b16 would work.

I'm having a hard time now deciding whether or not to get a 4-1 or 4-2-1 header. Originally I was dead set on a 4-2-1 because of the midrange torque over the 4-1 design. But at what point in the rpm band does the 4-1 have an advantage over the 4-2-1? And is the difference dramatic or minor?

RMR hands down, do a search online to find header tests. Tones of information out there. Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm having a hard time now deciding whether or not to get a 4-1 or 4-2-1 header. Originally I was dead set on a 4-2-1 because of the midrange torque over the 4-1 design. But at what point in the rpm band does the 4-1 have an advantage over the 4-2-1? And is the difference dramatic or minor?

From my reading on here, 4-1 has more of an increase in power in the upper power band, which is where the b16a makes power. 4-2-1 increases power through the midrange, which is better for a b18c.

Back