1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Header Questions for 91 CRX Si

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by red4re, Apr 3, 2007.

1. red4re

red4re New Member

Which is best ceramic or stainless headers? Has anyone bought headers off of Ebay, I notice the prices seem very low so I was wondering if the headers are any good?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

i like stainless, and its hit and miss for the ebay headers ive bought some of the el cheapo on ebay for my d series and it done great

3. gdc2000

gdc2000 Noob

I just put a el cheapo off of ebay on my 88 crx si and I was amazed that it fit lol. Other then that it had both holes for the O2 sensors and like I said before it bolted right up. The welds were not as clean as on the brands. It was also stainless. Who knows how long it will last either but for $44 including shipping I really dont care. My stock one was leaking and was pretty noisy anyways. I'm saving my money for the real engine I hope to get before too long.

Oh it came with the gasket also.

4. red4re

red4re New Member

I decided to stay away from E-Bay and instead went with Pro Street Online and bought a Megan stainless header. It is a excellent header, good welds, finish, etc. Perfect fit.

5. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

you could also have a place like airborne coatings do an aluminium ceramic coating to any header that you have.

6. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Stainless if you want bling, ceramic if you're a bit more budget-minded. Personally I'd go with ceramic, because A. you're not going to see much (if any at all) performance difference between the 2, and B. stainless is a bitch to keep clean (and you know damn well if you've got a stainless header you're gonna have to keep it clean...bling bling, playa!).

Ceramic FTMFW.

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Also, I'd advise staying away from Ebay-special headers. They might work decently, and look ok, but in the long run they're more than likely going to start rusting and/or cracking at the welds, and you aren't going to see as much power gains as you would with a better-designed header (i.e. DC, Airmass)

8. yippee

yippee New Member

the cheap ebay headers are just that, cheap. i have heard of some people using them, but i have heard of more people having problems. the most common problems are:
    -ports that dont match which have to be port matched
    -having to bend the downpipe to fit
    -welds that bust
    -rust as mentioned

i prefer ceramic. keeps the engine bay cooler.

9. humblegumbo

humblegumbo 1595cc's of Mad Fury

Ceramic Coated

You know the deal with Ebay, it's like a guilty pleasure. Personally, I'd only buy anything if the price was so good you could throw it straight in the trash when you got it. (my short shift was $8)

I just bought some and I'm awaiting delivery now. I found pretty good deals on the site below. Their customer service was good when I asked about where the hell my shipment was.

[​IMG]
    http://www.sfxperformance.com/

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted