header questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 94 ex coupe with the D16z6 motor and auto trans. i have seen the chikara or whatever headers for like 139 from summit, will this header work ok for a while or will i be waisting money, i know what i want but then there is what i can afford, the stock o2 sensor welded itself to the stock manifold and broke off, i have done work to the topend but not the bottom, any opinions ?

thanks....

p. s. i live in las vegas, and i am not sure of the laws out here.

yes, missing o2 sensor and exhaust manifold is screwed up, i have had the head ported, valve job, intake manifold, throtle body, intake, and all the exhaust is stock, i havent driven the car for some time now, i think about a year or more.

I would invest in a quality header (aka NOT blox, ractive)since you have those mods., figure on spending 300 - 500 for a good header.

yup, with headers you def. get what you pay for- if a price is cheap the quality of the welds and material is cheap

spend the money and invest in a header that will last you- that means fuck blox, ractive, chikara, pacesetter, etc

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 16 2005, 12:00 AM
yup, with headers you def. get what you pay for- if a price is cheap the quality of the welds and material is cheap

spend the money and invest in a header that will last you- that means fuck blox, ractive, chikara, pacesetter, etc
[post=461600]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd.

I'd look into bisimoto, or something of that caliber. I don't know much about the D-series aftermarket, but DC definitely makes good headers for the price. Look into them.

alright, so should i look for stainless or ceramic, or are they about the same, also should i look for any certain name brands ? thanks for the input .

Originally posted by Next_Level@Feb 17 2005, 07:21 PM
alright, so should i look for stainless or ceramic, or are they about the same, also should i look for any certain name brands ? thanks for the input .
[post=462387]Quoted post[/post]​

just go with DC, they make an excelent header for the price, stainless or ceramic, its up to you, i like the burt titanium look personally.
good luck

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Feb 18 2005, 09:15 AM-->
Next_Level
@Feb 17 2005, 07:21 PM
[post=462387]Quoted post[/post]​

just go with DC, they make an excelent header for the price, stainless or ceramic, its up to you, i like the burt titanium look personally.
good luck
[post=462577]Quoted post[/post]​

:unsure: I dunno about dropping 1500 or more on a d-series header lol, I hope you were joking. :lol:

You guys realize this guy has an N/A d16 w/auto tranny right? Buying your basic I/H/E would be wasting your money...

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Feb 18 2005, 01:53 PM
You guys realize this guy has an N/A d16 w/auto tranny right? Buying your basic I/H/E would be wasting your money...
[post=462732]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, to each his own; just making suggestions. I'd ditch the auto tranny before putting money elsewhere.

i do want to switch to stick if i can find a deal on a tranny, but havent found one yet, also i want to work this motor for a while until i build one from the crank up, right now it is a daily driver, but i am hopeing in a couple of years to have the new motor complete. thanks for the input guys.

Back