Header secondary swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I have a Megan Racing header, the secondary on it is pretty small(ID of the pipe and collector just a little bigger than the stock Z6). I'm looking to upgrade to a larger one but don't want to buy a new header set, etc. Would a b-series secondary(DC Sports or an Integra one) or Y8 secondary work with the Z6 primary?

well if you put on larger secondarys with keeping the smaller primaries, then your going to drematicly change the flow charcteristics. I am not the best a fluid dynamics, but just by quickly thinking about it, your going to cause velocity of the exhaust to slow as it enters the secondaries. This would probally hurt flow, causing lose in power.

The secondaries that came with it are only a little bit bigger than the Z6. The primary is larger than the Z6 or Y8 though; ~1 5/8"(OD), ~1 3/5 diameter at the flange(which I found it is common in aftermarket headers for the D-series; including the Bisimoto). The Y8; the largest of the stock D-series, has a 1.4"(ID) primary with 1.8"(ID) secondary.

Back