Header Specs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Anyone have a link that has aftermarket header specs for our cars? I.E. Primary tube diameter, downpipe outlet size, ect... I've searched but found nothing so far.

The only company that list their specs is Comptech but the header they offer doesn't have the outlet size i'm looking for.

I'm looking for a CARB Legal 4-2-1 header with a 2 1/2" outlet. If no such header exist right now, I suppose i'll get what's available but i'd still like to know what my other options are.

The comptech has a 2" outlet but i need a 2 1/4" outlet at the very least. I know the DC 4-1 ITR replica has a 2 1/2" outlet but it isn't CARB legal. I don't really want to run the ITR header because used ones are about the same price as a brand new DC or Greddy since everyone thinks their shit is made from gold and a new one is like $450 and that's not including the heat shield to make it appear legal. The heat shield is like another $100.

I'll try to dig something up. I remember seeing a list for D-series though. Finding something that's CARB would be difficult.

Yeah I hear there are no CARB Legal ones available with a 2 1/2" outlet but that's just hear say at this point. Let me know what you find...

So far all I've found is people just doing a collector mod on the Edelbrocks; which has 2" secondaries and 1.75" primaries(both OD).

Yeah but the Edlebrocks are discontinued :( I can't find them anywhere.

From what I found recently, I'm not going to find a CARB Legal header with a collector size bigger than 2" because all the CARB legal one assume you're retaining the stock cat. I have a 2 1/2" Magnaflow cat that I wanted to use. So far it looks like i'm gonna have to sell it and go with a 2 1/4" magnaflow cat.

I just feel that going from a 2" collector to 2 1/2" cat is going to be too much of a velocity loss.

You can still get Comptech headers? Didn't they call it quits a few years back as well?

You can still get Comptech headers? Didn't they call it quits a few years back as well?
Yeah but for some reason, i've still found them for sale :shrug2: I can't say the same for the Edelbrock... Only thing I've found is for the RS/LS/GS, not a GSR. I know they all fit but Edelbrock has one specifically for the GSR so I don't know if it's different or not with the Primary tube size, secondary tube size, if it's a 4-2-1 or 4-1, collector size, ect... Plus, the CARB # will show that it's for the B18a/b motors when I go to smog and that's a no no :( :(

Last edited:
Back