Header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmnation

I looking into buying headers for my B16A2 and an hi-flow cat what would you guys suggest to go with to get the most power?

read the description in the title...

Brand New 98 + Spec Integra TypeR 4 Into 1 Header

get the jdm dc header, copy of the oem 98+ spec ITR header, but actually makes more power and is cheaper. on honda-tech titan motorsprots is selling them for $250 shipped brand new.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 9 2004, 11:23 AM
get the jdm dc header, copy of the oem 98+ spec ITR header, but actually makes more power and is cheaper. on honda-tech titan motorsprots is selling them for $250 shipped brand new.
[post=374305]Quoted post[/post]​

no to start an argument, but I hear opposing stories as to with header actually makes more power...JDM ITR or the DC knock off. what gives?

the DC has a true 2.5" collector. the jdm oem itr has only a 2.5" doughnut on it, the collector is really like 2.25". check out the titan header test on honda-tech and see how the dc compared to the custom built headers, held its own. i've heard of people not gaining any horsepower at all using the oem itr header.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 9 2004, 01:19 PM
an-r, smsp, hytech, headtech, toda
[post=374358]Quoted post[/post]​

i know...i know...but all those fuckers are up there in price range!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 9 2004, 01:19 PM
an-r, smsp, hytech, headtech, toda
[post=374358]Quoted post[/post]​

who sell them? what about Mugen header or Spoon Header... how to they compare?

I want the AN-R compact version, i love that fucking header. It might put me in debt for a while, but i dont care, that thing is the shit!

-Chris

Originally posted by jdmnation@Aug 9 2004, 08:37 AM
I looking into buying headers for my B16A2 and an hi-flow cat what would you guys suggest to go with to get the most power?
[post=374277]Quoted post[/post]​

Like they said above, AN-R, SMSP, Headertech (I think it's a newer company). There is a reason dc and the oem type r headers are cheaper. They don't put down as much to the ground as the others. You get what you pay for IMO. SMSP has a huge waiting list from what I've seen, and the price is outrageous considering you can get an almost as good header from AN-R that still clears the power steering pump, for about 400 less. I'd go with an AN-R compact, and I will when I get my b16 swap done. Good product for the money. If you are on budget, the dc or the jdm type r are still pretty good.

an-r eh? i almost went with them... you might want to read this.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=909099

edit:

ehh, i just read more of the thread. when i last saw it an-r had not commented at all, which i didn't like. looks like they're standing behind their product and changing the guage steel they use the make the header. just make sure you get it coated :)

yeah an-r's were breaking but they did change to a thicker pipe and they are real nice, headertech is out of business. I will be going with a bisimoto from exospeed.com, that is one sexay header.

i got a prospeed/elite for my h22. mmmm. sexy.

i suggest not wasting your money on a highflow cat. all it is, is a perferated straight pipe with fiberglass. like a glass pack muffler. just cut it open, putin a straigh solid pipe, weld the flanges on, then weld the casing back together around it. no one will ever be able to tell the difference from a visual inspection :D

shit, the carsound hi-flo cats on eBay are the cheapest cats, or anything that resembles a cat, you can find anywhere

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 10 2004, 04:00 PM
i got a prospeed/elite for my h22. mmmm. sexy.

i suggest not wasting your money on a highflow cat. all it is, is a perferated straight pipe with fiberglass. like a glass pack muffler. just cut it open, putin a straigh solid pipe, weld the flanges on, then weld the casing back together around it. no one will ever be able to tell the difference from a visual inspection :D
[post=374892]Quoted post[/post]​

Great idea the only problem is that i need a welder...

even if they did break, it's not like just because you buy an expensive part its not going to break, either way I never recommend DC why, well the power output might be comparitive to the stock ITR header, but I will bet you that the ITR header will last for longer than the life of your motor and car.

My DC header rusted in 3 months, and yes it's probably due to where I live "near ocean" but I don't give a shit - mine rusted, so I will never recommend it.

I have seen Toda headers crack at the lower brack, shit happens.

Either way if your going NA and want good gains from a header your going to have to fork over some cash, IMHO - the cheapest route I would go would be the JDM ITR header.

it's hard to compare, you might even be better off with saving up for something like extra displacement.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 10 2004, 10:24 PM
Either way if your going NA and want good gains from a header your going to have to fork over some cash, IMHO - the cheapest route I would go would be the JDM ITR header.

it's hard to compare, you might even be better off with saving up for something like extra displacement.
[post=375085]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: yes, thank you for someone backing me up. finally...

Back